Review by ICDedPePo

"A Good Start For The Xbox"

*note* Before I start, I will inform you that when I review games, I rate the game based mostly on its plot (if any), graphics, sound, game-play,things that make it cool, and replay value.

This game is a good game considering the fact that this was one of the first games released for the Microsoft Xbox.

Concept: This game is a 1 to 4 player game. This game combines action/adventure with racing. This game demonstrates what a good game this combination could be.

Plot: The game is about an evil wizard named Hex that wants you to participate in races and retrieve red meteor fragments that are scattered throughout the lands. When all fragments are collected, the wizard plans to take over the world. Later in the game you learn about his plan and you try to stop him.
Score: [7.5/10]

Graphics: The graphics are cel-shaded... I think. Well the point is that they look nice and crisp. Very detailed in my opinion.
Score: [8/10]

Sound: The music isn't bad, but it isn't great.
It can be some-what catchy at times. One of the good things is that you can select or randomly select a song of your choosing from a choice of about twenty songs. You can even hear some famous singers in this game like Kid Rock.
Score: [8/10]

Game-play: There are three main modes. The game modes include Adventure (race against three other computers to be the first to retrieve the red meteor fragments for Hex.) Versus ( Play against three other friends in a single level sped challenge on split screens. And Training ( Learn to play the game... duh.)This game is also packed with tons of different challenges.
Score: [40/45]

Things That Make It Cool/Fun Factor: As I already said above so many times, this game is a 1 to 4 player game so it could easily double as a fun-filled party game that you could play with your friends for hours. Well, maybe not for hours, but for a good amount of time. This game can also be pretty challenging at times and I like that in a game.
Score: [12/15]

Replay Value: I think this game has a moderately high replay value. It can be enjoyed for a long time as long as you don't get bored with it because you could easily get 50 hours of game-play with this game cause there is really that much things to do.
Score: [10/10]

Final Score: 7.5 + 8 + 8 + 40 + 12 + 10 = [85.5/100]
Grade: B+

The Verdict, To rent or buy: I would strongly
suggest you buy this game because you can probably buy this game for $20, but you might not like this game as much I do so you might want to rent it first.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/27/03, Updated 06/27/03