Question from Wizzle_Blizzair

How do I get clean? When I stop moving flies swarm around me.

I'm 47 in the game, a relatively 'good' guy, and some people have been complaining about my looks and smell. When I stop moving a yucky halo of dust hovers above my head, and a swarm of flies gathers around me. I first noticed this, shortly after I got in a fist fight in bowerstone. There was this fight club I joined, but I haven't been able to get clean ever since, can I buy colgne in the game or is therre anyway to take a bath or shower or something?

Answers

jprogo answered:

Sorry but there is no way to shower but there isn't anything to do with your smell the halo isn't dust it's just a symbolism that you'r toward the good allingment and the flies I have no idea about and just some addvice try to get better close and hair cut if they're calling you ugly.

p.s.: DRAKULIAN you don't have to have such a negative attitude.
0 3

jprogo answered:

Oh and I don't know if you mean the spekles of light instead of flies cause I've noticed those at night to so most likeley you'r charecter just needs to get more attractive.
0 1

DRAKULIAN answered:

"p.s.: DRAKULIAN you don't have to have such a negative attitude."

What do you care, honestly? Thanks for the unnecessary commentary regarding my response. My attitude is not negative, it is honest. This entire question comes off as an utter joke because virtually every single point Wizzle_Blizzair mentioned in his "question" was flat out false. Let me explain, again:

The first way to tell his so-called question is in no way serious is by his reference to a "shower" and that the townsfolk are commenting on his smell. Showers are not even realistic at all in a game with a pre-medieval setting, and his remark about the townsfolk saying his Hero stinks is also patently false. His comment about having a halo and/or light-orbs whilst evil is also flat out false. His comment about cologne is also ludicrous. Pardon the pun, but this "question" reeks of being a joke because of all the patently false comments he made.
1 2

jprogo answered:

I'm sorry I just read the response in a negative tone. But he obviesly is new to the game and doesn't know if there are showers or colgne. About the smell he probobly took an ugly insult from an NPC the wrong way.And finaly what I've found is that if you'r good in the game you get a halo and butterflies swarm around you opposed to the flies and horns you get if you'r evil so they might be butterflies instead of flies.
0 4

Harrisonw8 answered:

Well if you are sure about the Halo being there, then there should'nt be flies around you, they would be butterflies. To get people to think you are attractive, you can do many things: Get a hair cut (Bald) bright will user robe (found in the demon door in the rose cottage or in bowstone north) get good tattos any that will increse attractivness or decrese scariness. Lastly you can get a moustache called "Power moustache" this is found in Whichwood lake I belive by some barrels before the temple of avo.
1 2

DRAKULIAN answered:

"How do I get clean? When I stop moving flies swarm around me . . .
I'm 47 in the game, a relatively 'good' guy, and some people have been complaining about my looks and smell . . .
When I stop moving a yucky halo of dust hovers above my head, and a swarm of flies gathers around me . . ."

Is this a joke question? Everything you just said is completely false. There is nothing to do with personal hygiene in this game. There is no bathing and there are no colognes or perfumes.

1. NPC's do not complain about your Hero's smell in this game; never have.
2. You cannot be a "relatively 'good' guy" if you have flies swarming about you as it has nothing to do with cleanliness. You only get the flies when you are evil, very evil in fact.
3. You cannot have a halo when you are evil; you get large horns instead.

If you want the flies gone you will have to make your Hero's true moral alignment good (tattoos, haircuts and outfits do not count). Donating gold at the Temple of Avo, taking good boasts for quests, eating Tofu and killing "bad guys" are the best ways to become good in this game.
1 4

g3RemY answered:

Yup, If you're good butterflies and and a halo go over your head, If you're bad you'll have flies and horns on your head so yah and I dont Think the villagers would say that and if they did get a different haircut and good clothes.
0 0

g3RemY answered:

Nevermind clothes dont count :)
0 0

saitaria answered:

If they're yelling stuff like "you stink!" or something like that, they are probabbly just referring to how you do with jobs and quests.
on the other hand, that just goes to show that good people stink! try being Evil for a while.
0 0

Lynx_Ieles answered:

don't pay attention to DRAKULIAN... who i don't really think has played every possible variation of the game. (try being a good guy for awhile... and try not to be mean to people who don't deserve it. how would you like that?)

when you are good, but not avo's favorite little preist, you do get flys swarming around you, and later butterflys. the halo slowly gets brighter the more good you become.
and the comments on stinking confused me at first too... eventually they stop. because you are better at quests, later on in the game. the teasing is replaced by either groveling or awe and praise. age has very little to do with it.
1 0

laurapc answered:

If your a relatively good guy, then you shouldnt have flies swarm around you, and no you cant take showers.
0 0

CloudFirewalker answered:

Pretty much like the other answers, and the flies are butterflies, thats a goodthing.
0 0

CloudFirewalker answered:

Pretty much like the other answers, and the flies are butterflies. which is good, you get locusts when you are evil, and the halo isnt dust, it proves avo's blessings.
0 0

rootbeerman12 answered:

The "flys" arent really flys if you are good and have a halo you will have butterflys not flys if you are evil then you get flys and you head starts to look like its crumpling up and peeling
0 0

Ninja_1997 answered:

The dirt ring is actully a halo that shows how good you are and your dude needs a hair cut. For me the flys were butterflys so look closer to check. Also there is no way to get clean.
0 0