Review by xboxjunkie84

"Doom on Steriods"

Story: 6/10 The story is kinda cheesy. You are a stereotypical beefy no brain jock. You are Earths last hope against an invasion from another planet.

Graphics: 7/10 The graphics do not show off the power of the Xbox. The layouts of the levels are smooth simple scenes textures. The levels are very colorful though. The non stop action in the game will take your mind off the cartoony graphics.

Gameplay: 10/10 The game play is hypnotic. Picture yourself setting in a hot desert with 50 headless kamikaze freaks screaming AAAAHHHH with bombs in each hand running straight towards you. Yeah pretty intense. The game play never stops. Plus the cut scenes are funny.

Sound: 9/10 Sound is ok. I really enjoyed the different comments that Sam makes throughout the game. And you can never forget the infamous AAAHHHH from the kamikaze freaks.

Replay Value: 9/10 There are a few things that add to replay value. One being a serious mode which is even more insane than the first mode. There are a lot of secrets that you possibly will miss the first go around. Since the game is on a point system. You can try and beat your high score.

Multiplayer: 8/10 There is an ordinary classic death match mode found in most fps. There is also a cooperative mode that is ok. It’s not as good as Halo though and that is just me.

Controls: 8/10 The controls are not complex at all. You are given the option to add hot keys for finding your favorite weapons quickly.

Weapons: 8/10 Weapons consist of your average everyday alien killing devices. You are given shotguns, pistols, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, laser shooters, and other weapons.

Overall: 8/10 Serious Sam is a game that I think didn’t get as much hype as it should have. It came out during a time when some of the bigger games where out. “Halo” Serious Sam is worth renting but I think as soon as you bring the game back you are going to buy it.

Rent or Buy: I would suggest that you rent it if you are not in to first person shooters. If you like doom and turok than you will definitely would want to buy this game. If you own the original two pc games than you would not want this game. Serious Sam is a must have for people who wanted to play the pc Sam but didn’t have a good enough computer. Die hard First person shooter fans are in for a treat.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/10/03, Updated 02/10/03