Review by OvershotToast

"The next Halo? Not likely, but its still a good game"

Introduction
Well, I was up at Gamestop doing my thing, and I came across a little game with a big dude with a big gun on the cover. I was wondering just what this game was about, so I picked it up and started reading the back. Turns out, it was a FPS game, and I needed something new to kill. Serious Sam will definitely give you something, while not exactly new, to kill. Read on-

Concept/Story
I really liked the concept, but the story was way too off beat to follow. Aliens are attacking now, and you walk into a time machine (which just happens to be located in your garage!) to go to the past. You have to stop the aliens from ever getting to you on earth. One question that I was constantly asking myself while playing this game was:
When do I get out of the past and into the present?
The entire first game is set in the past (almost the entire thing anyways), which is a pretty stupid idea, because its in egypt??? yep, you heard me right. EGYPT. So its hard to follow this story.

Control
Controls are very similar to Halo and many other FPS games. Which is a good thing, because that control scheme saved me from immenant danger many times. You run with the left stick and aim with the right. simple as that. very very responsive too.

Fun Factor
I enjoyed the hell out of this game, simply because you run around shooting things. I'm a big fan of random violence (see State Of Emergency), and this game hightens it. But the one downside is: Thats all it is. Hit switch, go in door, kill wave after wave of enemies, lather, rinse, and repeat. But its not all THAT bad, you'll still enjoy it if you enjoy violence. lots of violence.

Replay?
Definitely. Multiplayer has this game up there with the best of them. I have enjoyed this game 3 times through already, along with many hours of multiplayer trash talking, gun slinging, head bashing fun with my buddies. Its a must.

Bottom Line
This is a solid shooting game. Story is a little wacko, but the gameplay makes up for it. I dont review graphics in games because honestly good or bad graphics matter not, its all gameplay for me. 20 bucks isnt that much if you can spare it, and I highly recommend this for any viloent shooting fans.

Happy hunting!!!