Review by Aniland

"Serious Sam? More like Hilarious Sam!"

Intro:

Serious Sam is a fun and engaging action game. It about.......oh wait! That's right. Categories!

Story 9/10:

OK. Now I can tell you what this game is about. We are in the future. Aliens and other creatures are attacking from another dimension. Its up to Sam, Serious Sam. He's some guy with a lot of weapons and a bomb on his shirt. He gets teleported into Ancient Egypt to see where these monsters are coming from. I hope I didn't give away too much. I think that the story is well-thought out, but its takes a little bit of time to get into the storyline.

Graphic 10/10:

The graphics are nice. They're smooth and there aren't many glitches. Come to think of it, I can't think of any glitches in this game. The colors in the characters are very noticeable, and the gore effects are great, especially since you can change the blood's color via the options menu. The creatures are very nicely design, and the stage layouts had a lot of thought put into them.

Sound & Music 9/10:

Sound 7/10- The sounds are nice. You can hear just about anything, including the monsters' footsteps and the explosions of the beheaded bombers (yea, you heard me correctly). The sounds do get a little repetitive and annoying sometimes. Sams remarks don't get repetitive, since he says some funny stuff.

Music 10/10- The music is very nice when you are walking through the desert of Egypt. When a monster charges at you or a horde of creatures surround you, the music changes to a ''danger tune.''

Control 9/10:

Very easy to get use to. Left-Thumbstick to move and Right-Thumbstick to look around. R to shoot. Yada Yada Yada.

Variety 9/10:

Weapons 10/10- There are a lot of weapons in this game, including the ever-popular pistol and the infamous chainsaw. I'd love to tell you more, but i would be spoiling the game for you.

Monsters 8/10- There are many monsters in this game, but they use the same enemies in every level, which makes things repetitive. Even though it is always fun to blast wave after wave of enemies.

Rent or Buy?:

Rent it first and see if you like it. If you do, buy it, plain and simple.

Recommendations/Overall 9/10:

Anyone that loves variety, loves humors, loves FPS games, and/or can get into a storyline easily should pick this game up. Overall, Serious Sam is an interesting game with humor, violence, and variety all in one simple disc.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/11/04