Review by BlueFubu
"This will make you die for your rights to buy this game......literally"
- Alright.Graphically Dead To Rights is smooth,and good enough to let you know exactly where you are and what you are doing.Of course the main character slate and his dog shadow looks the best but the problem graphically is the background even though it's very minor and you won't even care.
- Now this is where Dead To Rights falls short.The camera issues are annoying in slow-time,or rarely while just walking. In slow-time if you looking in the wrong direction while using it you'll have to move the camera carefully to the right direction and by the time you do that it's run out and you have to try again, and since you have a adrenaline meter(slow-time) that is very important it will cost you.Make sure before you are about to go into a room you fix your camera FIRST!
- Dead To Rights gameplay will make you gasp for air when you first play it and get used to it.You can play stealth on the wall and pull out your gun and hide back on the wall like on Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty for the PS2,You can slow time with your adrenaline meter and dodge punches,kicks,throws,and bullet shoots and shoot an enemy in the process, you have plenty of combo's to pull off, you even have a disarming move you can pull off which will make you disarm an enemy of their weapon but not only that but disarm them in a brutal way as well.I could go on and on about this but this makes Dead To Rights shine, this will make you play Dead To Rights again,This will make you BUY Dead To Rights. The mini games are ok but some can be annoying and repetitive, but i won't say anything to spoil it for you just incase you pick it up or rent it.
- Dead To Rights controls are perfect.From changing weapons with the control pad,Or from targeting enemies with the R button and rotating to another enemy with the Right Thumb stick,even disarming and fighting.It may sound a little weird and it is even though after around 15 minutes of perfection you'll be able to toss guys around like a sack of potatoes.
- Story is about a man out on revenge.The game is ok in time span for an action game in between about 9 hours or more, and if your just starting out or even playing it again it'll still be difficult.
- The sound of Dead To Rights is just like any other action packed movie.Explosions, gun shots and all are perfectly fine.And the voice acting in the game is good enough to know exactly what slate is talking about in the game which is obviously important.
- Definitely this game is worth playing again.Thanks to the disarm system and the deep fighting system you WILL want to play this again except for the mini game problem.
BUY OR RENT?
- This game is incredible,gameplay, controls, depth and all.There are some problems that bring it down like the camera, and a few mini games but that's about it. If you love action,you'll love Dead To Rights otherwise rent it first.
Max Payne+Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty = Dead To Rights
Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/25/02, Updated 08/25/02
Got Your Own Opinion?
You can submit your own review for this game using our Review Submission Form.