Review by Knight08

"One word... Wow!"

I am stunned. This is one of the best games I have ever played. The best game I have played for Xbox for sure. This game is awesome. Now on to my review.

This game is no ordinary shooting game. It is way different. You use different kind of techniques to beat it. You use disarm attacks, you use people as shields, and you do the Max Payne dive also. You also you use a dog named ''Shadow' to attack for you sometimes. This is probably the hardest game for Xbox. But don't worry you will enjoy it. This game had a brilliant plot with lots of twists. That got me in. That made me stay, that made me play to the very end. I couldn't stop, I wanted to know what happened at the end, so I kept playing and playing and I finally beat it. But the plot just sucks you in. It is just that amazing.

One thing that Dead to Rights does is, it mixes. It mixes shooting and fighting. So in one chapter you may shoot people and another chapter you may fight people. And one thing that this game has that I love is mini-games, like arm wrestling, lifting weights, disarming a bomb, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Another thing that I like about this game is that it is really hard. This levels seem impossible, but eventually you get past them and it feels great to do that. You will need to use a guide to beat this game. I did and it helped me a lot. Also you need to study your opponents weaknesses to get past them.

If you haven't figured it out, Dead to Rights has a targeting system. When it goes green, its means you have no chance of hitting the guy, yellow means that you can hit him, and red means its a hit for sure. It is really good, but sometimes it can get real frustrating, like it'll aim on the wrong guy you want to aim at, but that it is only a little bit.

The graphics are good. There not the best but it will do. I didn't even pay attention to the graphics that much. The videos are pretty good. It rarely never lags though.

The sound is really good, you can hear the bullets ricochet off of walls and everything.

Presentation 10- Dead to Rights has a really strong plot to it. I love it. It makes you keep on playing and playing and playing. And the mini games are brilliant.

Graphics 9- The graphics good and the videos are okay, but one thing is really good is it never lags. You wouldn't want it to when you are shooting at 20 people.

Sound 9- The sound is awesome. It feels like you in it.

Gameplay 9- Excellent targeting system, but just like every targeting system, it has some flaws. Overall though very well done.

Lasting Appeal 10- It will take you a good two weeks to a month to beat this game. This game has a lot of replay value. Like I said, you just can't stop. The plot brings you in and drags you the whole way. Even after you beat the game you can still unlock all the disarms.

Overall 10- This game is really awesome. I loved it. I would recommend renting first if you're not really that sure of buying it. And if you like when you rent it, then buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/08/02, Updated 10/08/02