Review by housefish17

"For total destruction, there is no power greater then the"

Intro:
First off, after reading reviews from several sites claiming that the beauty of this game lies in the Online play, they must've skipped the whole single player mission all together.

Sound:
This game isn't based around stealth. Therefore, there isn't a huge demand for sound in the game. For one, they have the hard rock when an enemy mech shows up. Its kinda like you walking up to the plate in a baseball game and they play your favorite song to get you pumped up. Also the sound effects are pretty good and voice acting is also well done. Overall, the sound is this game was outstanding. Final Score: 8.5/10

Graphics:
The game shines in this aspect. No, I'm not gonna compare it to the likes of Splinter Cell cause those graphics are used solely for a different purpose. This game is pretty. When a Mech shoots missiles at a building the building collects damage exactly where it was hit. When another mech is defeated, the explosion it creates makes me wanna go knock down another mech. Environments could be little more detailed throughout the game. Also, when a building is destroyed, the rubble is just a dull brown with lines running through it. They should make the rubble look more realistic. Other then that, this game runs and looks very good.
Final Score: 8.9/10

ExtrasFeatures:
There are only so many options when it comes to a game like this. There is Single Player Campaign, Multiplay (Online, System Link, Split Screen) and thats about it. You can also download new Mechs and other extras on X-Box Live.
Final Score: 8.510

Gameplay:
This game is exciting to play. Every level I can't wait for other mechs to show up because they are so much fun to battle. Mechs get up to 3 guns in 3 different categories. Also, throughout the game there are powerups that recover armor, or upgrade your weapons. The thing that keeps you wanting to play the next mission is seeing what mech you get to use next. I was so excited when I finally got the Atlas (by the way I hate it). There are, I believe, 19 or so mechs. Oh yeah, there is Online play in this game also! I am sure I haven't covered every aspect of gameplay in this game but I gave you a general idea of what this game is about.
Final Score: 9.5/10

This is that next game to buy if you haven't yet. It will last at least till next Christmas with the Single Player Campaign and Multiplay alone (not including the downloadable features). I hope this review helped you decide whether or not to purchase this game.
Final Score: 9/10