Review by vfsi

"Can Sam hide from gamers?"

Game play 10/10
The in game action and everything that makes this game is amazing. The control that they made makes you feel like you are actually in the game. I have to say this is one of the best stealth games I have ever played in my life. Not only is the game action fun but the story is very intense and keeps you hooked all the way to the end. In the course of this game you get to use many weapons that are sweet and fun to kill people with. Splinter Cell was put together amazingly, this game will raise the bar from now on for any stealth mission games.

Control 10/10
The control of this game is perfectly done. You can do many tasks that you would not believe possible in any game until this one. Each of the things that you learn you will need to use though the whole game. This game is not just any stealth game you truly have to move in complete stealth to stay alive. You have a meter that shows you how much light you are in and if you are in the dark then no one can see you because of the suit that your equipped with. I really liked how you had to use everything you get in each mission or you will not finish it. Even thought there are many things that you can make Sam do the control is simple and to the point.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics make this game even better then you could image. It moves fast and smooth. I have yet to find any bugs and any glitches in the game. Everything is so real that it makes you feel like you are Sam and you are working for the NSA. The graphics of this game have brought up the margin for any other game to be made from now on. They made every character in the game to the T. The graphics alone are a good enough reason to get this game but if you need more I will tell you more.

Sound 10/10
This game has great music and voices. The voices on this game are clean and crisp just like if someone was sitting next to you an talking. And if they are talking to you and you turn you head away the sound will compensate and sound they are on your side if you have surround sound. The music in this game gets you in the mood to be all creepy crawler and kill mad people. I love when you are in the middle of doing an impossibly hard task then music kicks in and it makes you finish the job like it was no ones business.

Overall 10/10
As you can see this game is truly great. I have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played and I thanks to Tom Clancy for making Splinter Cell. Now that this is out we will see what Snake will do cause Sam is pretty sneaky.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/30/02, Updated 11/30/02