Review by shadow382

"Tom Clancy Does It Again With Splinter Cell"

OK before I even start the review let me tell you this game is awesome! It's one of the best games I've played in a long, long time. And it says it on the case "Stealth Action Redefined", so I suggest if you don't already have this great game go out and get it ASAP, cause if you don't you won't know what you're missing out on. So that's all I'll say for now and I'll start reviewing the game.

Graphics (10/10):
The graphics are simply AMAZING! Some of the best graphics I've seen in any game. I am basing this off of the X-Box version, I have only played a demo of the Playstation 2 version, but the graphics still look great on the PS2. The graphics are smooth, and all of the animations look great also. I haven't played Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow but I can only imagine if the graphics in this game are this good, then part 2 will feature even better graphics. The shadow's in the game are great, every thing even looks good looking through the night vision goggles. So in conclusion the graphics are GREAT, and if you want a game with great graphics and game play then this is the game for you.

Game Play (10/10):
The game play is very, very fun. When you hear stealth you think of something like Metal Gear Solid, but this game is nothing like MGS. It's a whole lot better than MGS, in this game stealth is everything. You can't just go in a room and start shooting everything like in the MGS games, instead you have to use stealth to get your enemy's in the right spot and pick them off. If you busted into a room and started shooting everyone in this game, you would last maybe 3 seconds. And to all of you MGS lovers out there, don't get me wrong the MGS games are great also, but Splinter Cell is better. And it makes things easier when you have pipes, ladders, wires, and more to use to sneak around the enemies. Also you can hide in the shadows, and that makes the stealth part more realistic, and easier. The game can take either 2-7 or more hours to complete, it all depends on how good you are at the stealth thing. And the difficulty in this game is just right for me. It comes with a Normal or Hard difficulty level, I've been playing it on the Normal, and some spots are hard, but I've always found some way to get past them. It may be too hard for some people at first, but if they play it for a while they'll get used to it and finally complete the game. So in conclusion the game play is awesome!

Controls (10/10):
The controls in this game are very easy to get used to. You can control the camera, so you can look around corner's to see an enemy on the other side. I like the controls and unlike some games, (shooters and FPS) the controls don't take an hour to learn. It's the basic A=Action, B=Back Right, Trigger=Shoot. It is very easy to control Sam, and that makes the game a whole lot easier. This game is not like some games where it takes a PHD in electronics just to learn how to turn the character to the direction you want him to be facing. There's not much more I can say about the controls, except they are very easy to learn.

Music (10/10):
The music in this game is great. I like how it let's you know what the guards are doing, like if they hear something the music will change, and if they discover you the music will change, and if they lose you then the music will go back to normal. All of the music fit's the game perfect, and really gives it that sneaky, stealth feel. So if you want a game with great graphics, game play, and music then this is the right game for you. That's really all I can say about the music, and I'll say it again the music is great.

Enemy AI (7/10):
The enemy AI is OK, but there not very smart. Like you could be hiding in the dark and an enemy walks up to you, and then just turns around and walks off. Even though there are 3 green floating dots coming from Sam's night vision goggles staring them in the face. And you can shoot a guard and then run and hide behind a door in a kind of dark environment and the guard will walk up stare you in the face and then just turn around and say something like "It must have been nothing". So the enemy AI is kind of the downfall of this game, but don't get me wrong it's still very good AI (even though they are dumb sometimes). So therefore the AI gets a lower score than the rest of the stuff gets.

Overall (10/10):
In conclusion this game is a GREAT game and I suggest if you're a fan of shooting, stealth, and action, go out and buy this game right now. If you like the MGS series then you'll love this game. It's one of the best games I've played in a good while, so go out and buy it right now. But of course it's no Halo, but I would suggest this over MGS, although I can't suggest this over MGS 3 due to the fact I haven't played MGS 3. If you don't believe me and think I'm lying about this game being soo good, then go and rent it and see for yourself. When this game came out I didn't think it would be as fun as it is, but once I played it, it proved me wrong. So all I've got to say to you is, if you do not believe me on how fun it is, go and rent it and find out for yourself like I did. So in final words, and once again, go and get this game ASAP, and if you don't have the money, and are not old enough to work, put it on your Christmas list. This is a must play game for a shooter, stealth, action fan.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/15/04