Review by Gameframe

"A solid game"

I heard about this game a while ago, but I wasn't too hyped. I wasn't going to buy it or rent it. But my brother ended up buying it and DAMN am I glad he did.

Graphics: 8/10 The graphics are decent. The textures are decent and the lighting and shadows are spectacular. You can knock a swinging light back and forth and watch shadows move all throughout the room. My only complaints are some of the character models and their faces look kinda worse than everything else. The blood also looks kinda bad. But other than that I really have no complaints.

Sound: 9/10 Again, very good. The music in the background is very fitting (usually) and the voices are done extremely well. Some of the music can get a little bit repetitive after a while after like the thousandth time of hearing it. Not perfect, but close enough.

Gameplay: 9/10 The gameplay is great. One of the coolest things about the game is the physics engine. Things bounce realistically and every object in the game reacts to the environment realistically. One of the other great things about this game is the customization and how it affects the gameplay. You upgrade your characters with biomod canisters. You can go several different ways with this. For example, I chose biomods to increase my physical strength early on so I could throw things farther. I also got the neural interface biomod that allows me to bypass security systems and hack into computers. U could, however choose to upgrade your cloaking and stealth capabilities. (The whole thing reminds me a bit of KOTOR)But without a doubt (IMO of course) the best thing about the game is the amount of different ways you can accomplish each mission you get. You can find keys, bribe people, lie, assassinate, steal, climb up air vents, and do whatever else you want to do just because you can. The game has a ton of depth. You could go through it several times and still not find everything. My only problem with the gameplay is that the shooting engine and everything seems kinda crappy, you can tell alot less work was put into that than the rest of the game. But overall it is excellent. Also, the loading times are long and frequent, since you travel back and forth between areas alot. The storyline is immersive too.

Overall: 9/10 Rent this game or if your really into this type of game BUY IT NOW.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/08/03