Review by Shaboogie25

"The best Star Wars game yet!"

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is simply the best Star Wars game I have seen to date. The game offers so much more than previous Star Wars titles have.

Graphics - 9/10
The in-game graphics are incredible. The character models look great, everything is very detailed, the laser blasts from the weapons look awesome, and the lightsaber is very well done. The only problem with the graphics are the cut-scenes. The characters get a little blocky around the edges, and things seem to blur a bit. This does not really affect the game, because there is not an extensive amount of cut-scenes, and they are pretty short.

Sound - 9/10
The sound is great. Everything from a blaster shot, to the beeping of a droid, to the roar of your lightsaber sounds very good and fits everything perfectly. The voice acting is also very well done, and just about all of the voices fit the characters. There is also an original cast member who supplied his voice for the game, but I won't ruin the surprise.

Gameplay - 10/10
The gameplay in this game is unbelievably fun and amazing. There is so many things to do, from solving challenging puzzles to fighting off hordes of stormtroopers and imperial officers. The game starts off as a great first-person shooter, but it really gets going once you retrieve your lightsaber and get some force powers. The whole gameplay broadens with your new abilities. Using the lightsaber switches to a third person view, which really shows a lot more of the action and is much easier to control with a lightsaber. The lightsaber attacks can be combined with force powers to make some awesome combos. Take this example of mine; I was fighting in multiplayer. I was in free for all mode on the Death Star. While in the big hanger, I was attacked by a large amount of enemies. I waited in a corner until they came near. There was an elevator shaft in here, and they were close. I stepped out and pushed a group of them over the edge. I flipped backwards and struck down hard upon another enemy. I used force grip on the second last enemy and choked him until he was dead. I struck down the last enemy and waited for more. Little did I know, the group of enemies was coming back up the elevator and gathered close by me. I'll let you imagine what happened next.....

Story - 9/10
The story is pretty good, but not one of the best. Although it does start off simple, it soon becomes more interesting and has some pretty good twists and turns. It will not leave you on the edge of your seats, but it is pretty good.

Replay Value - 8/10
There is some replay value, but mostly for fun or challenges. After you beat the game on Jedi Knight, the hardest difficulty - Jedi Master - becomes available, which offers more challenges to be overcome. The multiplayer will keep you busy for a long time, and you will still be taking this game off the shelf to go for a few quick duels.

Rent/Buy
If you are a fan of first-person shooters, lots of action, puzzle solving, and you don't mind some not-so-good cut-scenes, I would suggest buying this game. If not, I would DEFINITELY suggest you spend the five or so dollars to rent this game. I'm sure most will enjoy it.

Overall Score - 10/10
I give this game a perfect score, because it deserves it. Simply put, best Star Wars game to date.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/28/02, Updated 02/28/03