"The Force is strong in this game!"

Believe it or not, but this is game actually one of the best ports Xbox ever had. One hell of a story mode, fun team play, a Capture the Flag mode with bots, 2 player split screen, and saber or weapons only matches through multiplayer. This game would have done wonders if it had supported Xbox Live or System Link would it unfortunately did not. You assume the role of Kyle Katarn, trying to overcome the paths to the dark side while exploring other planets. The story heats up in the middle off the game only to finish off perfectly. A perfect sequel is hard to come by now-a-days.

Basically the gameplay includes you solving puzzles, fighting with light sabers and weapons in first and third person mode. You will also have access to the force where you can use some great powers such as grip (The famous Dark Vader one), lighting (sharp looking), heal (self-explanatory), and others. Most of the game you will be fighting the epic one-on-one battles with dark lords and their lightsabers. Some of the tricks you see are amazing, and the different types of weapons as well for a Star Wars game.

The levels themselves are super huge where it may take several attempts to beat, and even though the paths to victory seem clear, they aren't obviously the right choice. You'll get the standard boss battles as well as you slowly move through one level and end up at a totally different one. The controls for that matter are stripped anyway from the PC version and pasted onto a console version which was a so-so combination. I, myself had no problems with them and could easily bond with them and start the game in less then 5 minutes time.

The game ends up being a very nice one, with amazing graphics, clear sounds and soundtracks, great animations, unique plot, and a great Star Wars authentic 'feel'. If you have a couple of bucks to spare and are looking for a cheap Xbox game, do us a favor, and get Jedi Knight 2. Its the second best Star Wars game next to Knights of the Old Republic (Obi Wan isn't a challenge). Even so, the game will be remembered far after it is finished. I replayed this game yesterday, and it is brought me the same joy it did months ago. Its highly recommend, so go get it. Go.

Final Category Score: 9/10 Jedi Approved!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/31/03