Review by High ride36

"A great game"

I was browsing through EB Games looking for a new XBL game when I came across Goldeneye: Rouge Agent for $20. I took it to the counter and was about to buy it when the worker recommended me instead Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I asked a few questions about the game, and after hearing about the 50 player online I was hooked. Now onto the review.

~Graphics~

The graphics in the game are a little below average, but that is to be expected from a port of an older PC title. Nothing looks horrendous though. My biggest concern with the graphics is the poor character models. The knife animation is also very poor. Everything else looks decent though

~Sound~

Everything sounds about the way you would expect in a military shooter of this type. The grenades sound good as do the gun shot blasts. I have no complaints with the sound in this game...but it's nothing special.

~Gameplay~

The gameplay in Black Hawk Down is simply awesome. I love the single player campaign as well as the awesome 50 player multiplayer. The game plays like a sped up Rainbow six. You don't have to worry so much about cover all the time and there really are no boring moments in the single player campaign.

On most levels you will have a squad with you that you will be able to give a set of commands to such as throwing frag grenades, throwing flash bang nades, clearing a room, opening fire, holding fire, and remaining where they are.

There are 16 single player missions, and the game also supports 4 player split screen co-op.

~multiplayer~

With the Xbox Live multiplayer this game could keep you coming back for a long time. As I stated before there multiplayer supports 50 players online, as well as system link play. There are several modes such as Death Match, Team Death Match, Capture the Flag, Attack and Defend, and King of the Hill.

You also must choose one of four classes to play as such as Sniper, CQC, Medic, and gunner. Each class uses different weapons and has different abilities. When player the multiplayer it is important to have the right balance of all four classes to succeed.

Multiplayer: 9/10

~Final Thoughts~

This is a very fun game with few flaws. Anyone look for a fun XBL experience should definitely pick up a copy of this game. The single player is fun but doesn't last long enough to warrant a purchase just on that basis.

Final score: 8/10