Review by Bect

"My next Halo? I think not..."

First of all. I don't hate Halo, I loved the game. I just don't think this game could compare to it. It stands on its own as a wonderful game. I always had an interest in the paranormal, and when I saw this game, I knew I would have to get it.

Controls: 10/10
Your basic First Person Controls are used in Area 51. If you have played any other first person shooter on the Xbox, you will have no problems in playing Area 51.

I have never seen better graphics on a console game. I have played countless games, and this games graphics are unmatched. The graphics remain steady through out the whole game. Later on in the game, you will see how everything was well detailed. Nothing was overlooked.

Perfect. This game doesn't have your standard mindless first person shooter style gameplay. You have to really be careful when going through the levels. It is an extremely difficult game. I have played it on easy several times. I have never been able to beat it on medium. Maybe some day I can. The combat isn't repetitive at all. You have to take cover a lot and you can use special abilities and interesting weapons in this game.

I'm not a big fan of David Duchovny, but this games sound was perfect. Every single sound effect is what you would imagine. From the guns to the background, it was perfect. The voice acting was decent. Davids mindless reading of the lines in the game does make the game seem a lot more mysterious.

The game lacks a killer story. That is the only problem I had with it. The story seems to be somewhat cliche'. Who really expects a good story from a video game though. It's meant to keep you busy and entertain you. Area 51 does that perfectly.

Replay Value: high
You will want to play this game a lot. It is very difficult and you will want to beat it on a higher level.

Nice game. The game really doesn't need to be compared to Halo at all. It can hold its own ground and still deliver as promised. Any fan of a Sci Fi game will have to pick this up. Especially the paranormal stories fans out there. You will enjoy it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/16/06