Review by therater13

"The best in the trilogy"

Halo 2, this is the best in the halo trilogy in my opinion. The first halo was a first person shooter that pretty much opened up console first person shooters, now halo 1 was not amazing but it was a good quality fps. Halo 2 is a first person shooter much like halo 1 except some aspects of the story are gone into with much more detail. Unlike halo 1 halo 2 stars the arbiter as a playable character and not just master chief. This gave much more deep game play and it also gave much more back ground to the story.

Story: Amazing, this is one of the best stories I have seen in a regular first person shooter, there is a large plot around the whole halo ring. I will not give away any spoilers but it is very deep.

Audio: The voice acting is top notch in this game again, the first game had great voice acting as well, I could not tell any different voice actors from the first game so I guess they used the same people in this game as they did in the first game. The music in this game is simply amazing. it really sets a desperate but hopeful mood for the humans. I just loved the single player game.

Graphics: Great, the graphics in this game are top notch for the time that the game was made, I think these were some of the best graphics out on the console at the time actually. The character models are nice also.

Game play: Great, the life system recharges a bit quicker in this game. You have plenty of soldiers around with you in most missions and overall the missions are just a blast to play. I had a great deal of fun playing this game. I love how you can play as the arbiter in some missions also, it really made it an amazing experience and his missions were very fun, and you could cloak which was a neat feature.

Multi player: This is to bad, I only played 11 multi player games of halo 2, I didn't have Xbox live until I had halo 3 on my 360 so I never tried halo 2 online. However once I tried it here I knew it was better then halo 3, much more balanced.

Buy this game if you see it, even today I think this game is still worth buying.

Overall score: 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/14/08

Game Release: Halo 2 (US, 11/09/04)