Review by Msterchief

"This game defines 'unbelievable'..."

Halo 2. Wow. I mean really. This game just defied video game physics. I thought the first Halo was absolutely amazing, and that there was no chance that H2, (as it is being called nowadays), could beat it. I was wrong. This game was brilliant, and will be a legend to go along with its predecessor. If you have not played this game, then you do not know the true meaning of First-Person-Shooters.

Introduction

This game is, like its predecessor, based around the survival of humans, who are at war with the Covenant, an alien species. All the enemies are back, plus new ones to make the game harder. It also is based around another Halo, so the excitement never ends. Did somebody say Multiplayer?? I mean, wow!!! This is unbelievable. I have never in all my life seen a multiplayer set-up quite so brilliant.

Gameplay ~ 10/10

The gameplay is even better than that of H1, the controls are still easier than ever, and with a little practice, maneuvering vehicles has never been so easy. Also, the difficulty levels make it wonderful for beginners to get through the game, but also create a challenge for those who want the game to be harder on their second time through. The multiplayer maps are also very ‘user-friendly', in that anyone who is new to a map gets to know it pretty quickly just by walking around in a quick, 15-frag, free-for-all deathmatch.

Graphics ~ 10/10

I have never seen such well thought out, and even beautiful, graphics, environments, filled with detail and color, each area appealing the eye. The Covenant areas are once again portrayed wonderfully with their bright, neon colors, again with lots of pink and purple. The human areas feel real like nothing else I have ever seen in a video game. It's not like, “Oh, that's cool, some wreckage”, but rather that you really feel like a battle happened there, and everything feels like what you do in the game makes a difference in protecting the humans' lives.

Sound ~ 10/10

WOW!!! The music scores in this game surpassed everything from H1. H1 was brilliant, so what does that make this? There are no words to describe it. The music scores were inspirational, and made you feel really motivated to save the human race. Also, the sound effects were amazing, and really put a real-life perspective on the game.

Multiplayer ~ 10+/10

The multiplayer capabilities in H2 were really what made the game so great. The new maps, new weapons, new game types, everything was just wonderful. I honestly did not think that H2 would have a better multiplayer setup than H1, and I was wrong.

Play time/Replayability ~ 10/10

The play time wasn't unbelievably huge, but the different difficulty levels made it something to play over and over and over again. Plus, there is no way in all of eternity that anyone will ever be bored from the multiplayer setup.

My reviews:
Gameplay ~ 10/10
Graphics ~ 10/10
Sound ~ 10/10
Multiplayer ~ 10+/10
Play time/Replayability ~ 10/10

OVERALL ~ 10/10

Buy or rent? ~ BUY

This, in my opinion, is the best video game that I have ever seen, and I would highly recommend buying the game to anyone, even gamers who aren't FPS fans. If you really feel strongly that you won't like it, rent it, but I think it's a little unnecessary.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/09/04