Review by fergdude33

"The King of the Xbox FPS returns"

Oh my God. Halo 2 is FINALLY HERE, after years of waiting. Well, for some anyway. Wait, what other game came out this year after many, many years of work and failed to live up to most expectations? Oh yeah, that game was good too, but not as good as promised. Well, Halo 2 is almost nothing like Fable. First, it lives up to expectations, and second, it's an FPS instead of RPG. Read on to find out more.

The visuals are stunning, amazing, insert-synonym-of-your-choice. They are simply the best I have seen, ever. Very minor complaint, though: Some of the textures repeat. Lots of people whine and moan about that, but come on: Look at Halo 1. THERE'S repeated textures.

The sound kicks ass. Absolutely. There's a bunch of different versions to the same song, and they all never cease to amaze me. Now, this is NOT a bad thing, because they all sound different. Then, you go into a suspicious area… music changes to the spooky music. This is a better indicator than your convenient radar, which I never use anyway. Also, the gunshots are all unique. If you're good, you can find out what gun your opponent is using. If you're bad, you can at least figure out if they're using a Covenant or human weapon.

First, the single player is awesome. It's actually quite challenging, although I am not Supergamer. It may be quite easy, but if you're like me (mediocre gamer), you'll find it pleasantly challenging. Although, multiple deaths at the hands of a bunch of enemies teaming up on you totally does not reek of awesomeness. (that's the minus point, in case you're wondering)

I haven't really gotten too far into it yet (I think), but from what I've seen, it's totally awesome. There's two different storylines, but I won't spoil one detail in the slightest for you. Go to the message boards for that.

Replay: 10/10
First, this depends on if you have Xbox Live or not. If you don't, you're screwed, now go and buy it. If you don't have it, hope to God you have a lot of friends, otherwise this drops to maybe a 6. Single player gets old after a while, and there's no multiplayer bots. Sucks to be you, doesn't it? Never fear, Xbox Live is here! With this, you can while away hours of your meaningless existence putting other people out of theirs. Just don't suck, or you'll be wishing you had picked up another game. We wouldn't want that, would we?

OVERALL: 10/10
Pretty much, the game is kick ass. Buy it now. In fact, I suggest if you plan on buying it at all, you run quickly, because if you don't, people who followed my advice will be taking your copy of Halo 2. YOUR COPY! Don't let it slip away!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/11/04