Review by Xander to Faith

"Better than the Fast and The Furious movies!!!"

Rockstar in recent years has been the dark horse that rose from the shadows. With the success of games like Midnight Club Street Racing, GTA III, State of Emergency, and GTA Vice City; Rockstar shows no signs of slowing down. The trend still continues with the superb racer Midnight Club II. It takes what was great about the original and takes it on a nitro boosted thrill ride through the fast lane without ever stopping. This game is the best racer out on
X-Box and is another reason to own X-Box Live.

Graphics: 8
Slick, sleek, and sexy are perfect words to describe the environments and cars in this game. Everything in this game looks and feels like illegal street racing. The graphics have been slicked out from the PS2 version for the X-Box and it shows when comparing versions. The only reason the graphics don't get a perfect score is because even though everything looks beautiful, you can still tell it isn't pushing the X-Box's limits.

Sound: 10
The sound gets you pumped every race and you will be on the edge of your seat. The music fits the tone of the game and it helps that you can use your own soundtracks also. All of the vehicles sound like actual real life cars and it is cool to hear that when you are blazing through the city. The sound couldn't be any better.

Control: 10
I love this game's arcade control scheme. I can't stand racers like Gran Turismo or Sega GT because it takes so long to learn how to drive. I love games like Midnight Club II where you can pick up the controller and start racing from the get go. You will still need to learn the controls because later in the game the competition heats up and it will take all of your skill just to keep out of last place.

Story: 10
The story is about illegal street racing. There is more to it because you will have enemies and rival gangs who will stop at nothing to get you off the streets. Plus there will be double crosses and plans on how to elude the police. I don't want to say much because the story is good and just a little bit could ruin the plot.

Life Span: 10
I rented this game because I'm not a big racing game fan and I was afraid if I bought it I would be disappointed. I don't have any worries anymore and as soon as I turn this game in I am going to buy a copy of my own. There is just too many things to do that can't be accomplished in a rental. I haven't even scratched the surface of unlockable cars and areas. The game will be overwhelmingly expanded if you own X-Box live because of all the challengers you can face. There is no doubt in my mind that there is plenty of things to do in this game.

This is the perfect racing game that no racing game fan should go without. If you are like me and you don't like racing video games most of the time, buy this game. You will be pleasantly surprised by the amount of fun you can have with this game!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/17/03, Updated 06/17/03