Review by Nasgul07

"Terrifyingly Amazing!"

I've played quite a few horror games in my time, but none like Call of Cthulhu(Ka-Thoo-Loo): Dark Corners of the Earth. This is because I hear gunshots come out of nowhere. The next thing I know, I'm dead!****ing enemies catch me off guard when I'm least expecting them. They pop up, catch me off guard, shoot, and scare me to death. Now, down to business.

STORY - 8/10
I really like the story. That's it. That's all I have to say.

GAMEPLAY - 8/10
I like the fact that this horror game is in first person. Sneaking plays a big role in this game. You have to utilize it throughout most of the levels, and in first person perspective this can be a little challenging. You do get weapons, though, way later in the game, but using them makes a lot of noise which alerts other enemies. It is 1922, no silencers.

FEATURES - 10/10
The sanity system was a good idea for this game. A really good idea. I've played Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Gamecube, and I have to admit, its sanity system is a lot better than Call of Cthulhu's. Another feature is the A.I.(Artificial Intelligence). If you alert the enemies, they will hunt you down like a dog. Their accuracy is nearly perfect, so if you do alert one, run for your life.

GRAPHICS - 6/10
Crap! Crap! Pure crap! This game takes place in the 1920's. Maybe that's why they screwed up the graphics when they made this game. They wanted us to get a feel of what games were like in that time(sarcasm). Bethesda is a poor game company. that's the reason why these graphics aren't so good.

REPLAY VALUE - ?/10
There might be a few things that you'd want to replay this game for. I haven't beat it, so I wouldn't know.

OVERALL - 9/10
Yup. 'Nuff said.

Note - Overall score is not an average.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/10/06

Would you recommend this Review? Yes No
Commenting is anonymous and not required to vote.