Review by Dude Love Fan

"Break out the caffine pills, you're going to be up for a while..."

Introduction: Rollercoaster Tycoon, the game that I loved on PC, and couldn't wait to get on Xbox. Many of you have probably already played the game on PC, but for those who haven't, I'll explain what the game is. Rollercoaster Tycoon, is a strategy game which involves you building a amusement park, and keeping your guests happy while maintaining your park, putting research into new rides, and making a profit all at the same time. This may sound a bit complicated, but once you get into the game, it all comes together perfectly. The game hasn't changed very much at all from the original PC versions(I say versions, as this game also includes the 2 expansion packs, Loopy Landscapes, and Corkscrew Follies). Everything is very similar, except for the way the interface is run(this is a good thing as you are using a controller rather than a mouse and keyboard).

This is the same as the PC ones, except the interface to build and manage your park has been removed from the top of the screen, and can be brought up by either hitting the X, or B buttons. Park statistics are brought up with X, and rides, and options with B. The game runs just like on PC, which is still a good thing. You manage your park, and keep your guests happy to complete scenarios, completing scenarios unlocks more to try your hand at. All in all, just as good as ever.

The reason the graphic score takes a hit is because, they haven't changed at all. While they do serve their purpose, I would expect they would have changed the graphics in someway by now. Everything looks like it should, with no slowdown or any other flaws, so other than the fact the graphics haven't changed at all, this area of the game is good.

The sound doesn't have any real problems, it just that there isn't any major music or anything along those lines to score. You can here your guests laughing, and the hum of them talking, you can also here music coming from your rides, as well as other necessary sounds(like the rollercoasters going down the track, train whistles blowing, and in some cases, rollercoasters crashing!!)

Control: 10/10
This was one of my major concerns about the game, since I figured that it would be a huge change going from the quick and accurate mouse to a slower, more cumbersome controller. I am happy to say that the control is very good. You can zoom in and out by pressing up and down on the D-Pad, you rotate with left and right. L and R move you to buttons, while the Left analog stick moves your cursor. My only gripe however is that you HAVE to scroll with the right analog stick, moving the cursor to the edge wont move the screen. While this could be a big thing to people, it doesn't bother me enough to change the score.

While the control is good, and the gameplay is topnotch, the lack of change hurts the score a little. Don't get me wrong, I still love the game to death, and plan on having many a sleepless night because of it, just the fact that nothing new shows up, and there are no special features(like possibly downloading scenarios and other cool things using Xbox live). Although the formula hasn't changed, the game is still as good as ever.

''OWWW Have Mercy!''