Review by shenmue1000

"Sands of truth"

Prince of Persia: The sands of time. This game is headed by UbiSoft Montreal the makers of Splinter Cell and Rainbow 6 3.
Story:
Prince of Persia the sands of time is a story of a Prince who's father is a King of Persia. The Prince is eager to prove himself to his father. So he decides to get the sacred treasure the Dagger of time. He meets success and they take all the great treasures including the sands of time itself. That is all I'm going to say of the story without talking to much of it.
Graphics:
Graphics for this game are pretty good. They have the curtain affects from Splinter Cell. The lighting and shading is good and as usual the Xbox graphics are the best out of the three versions of the game. it even includes bump mapping and the water looks good in the game when the prince has his feet in water it distorts the look of his feet like it would in real life.
The sound:
The sound in my opinion is very good. When you are in a large room things eco when they are broken or when you jump. The voices are alright but the Prince's voice gets annoying fast.The music fits the atmosphere of each level. It has Arabic music in a way something like you would hear in Aladdin but better. The clank of swords off of metal objects and wooden objects also sound different some games tend to keep them the same. It gives more value to it I think.
Controls:
The controls take a little time to get used to. I had a hard time wall jumping at first but it comes fast. One of the triggers control the flow of time once you get the dagger. The X button draws your sword and B puts it away. You attack with the X button and A button is used to jump when standing still or when about to run off a cliff. Otherwise when running it just makes you roll. The combat is okay in the game A is used to invade and like I previously stated X attacks.
Good:
The concept is good.
The graphics are good the curtain affect is cool.
Sound is well done also.
Bad:
However for all the good things I say about this game I feel there are flaws.
I think I'm at it's camera and the game's dialogue. I hate that when I'm in battles the camera swings behind a pillar and you can't see what makes it worst the enemies are super tough and won't stop coming so it makes it alto harder than it needs to be. I also hate when you die he spits those corny one liners and when you un pause the game. The dialogue between chapters are alright but once again not the best in the World.
All in All I give this game a 8 out of 10