Review by Metroidman

"The Prince Had Become KING"

I still remember playing Prince of Persia on the PC. Getting cut in half and falling on spikes. Ahh The good old days. Then Came Prince of Persia 2. A great sequel. Awesome game. Things looked good. Then Red Orb Entertainment decided to make Prince of Persia 3D. Things went downhill FAST. The game was just horrible. It was one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Unresponsive control ruined the whole game. I was so excited when PoP: Sands of Time was announced. I was hoping it would revive the franchise and bring it back to its roots. Well UBIsoft has done Just that. They made an amazing Game.

GRAPHICS
Beautiful. Everything is Beautiful. The environments look amazing. The Character Models look great. I love it that when you bend over to get a drink of water, the Prince's hair comes down like it would in real life. All animations are there. The one thing PoP games did well were how the characters interacted with the environments. Well they work great here. One Great Looking game.

SOUNDS
The Sounds Are good. You can hear everything going on in the environment. If sand is falling, you can hear it. If you get closer, the sound will get louder. The sounds work great with the animation. If the prince jumps for a cliff and has to grab on because it's too far, you will hear him grunt. I just love the sounds in the game.

GAMEPLAY
Everything is near perfect. This is what Tomb Raider should've been. Controls work perfectly. The Classic feel is back. When you jump from cliff to cliff, the Price Reacts the same way he did in the original game. Same with ledge climbing and everything else. The 3D environment doesn't seem to affect the game at all. It's the perfect Prince of Persia game. The Fighting is awesome. You have your normal Hack and slash but you can do so much more. You can bounce off walls and knock enemies down. You can jump over an enemies head and slash him in midair. You can back flip and stab the enemy. You can also turn enemies into sand for a limited amount of time and try to kill them. The Time aspect of this game is great. If you are trying a move, and you fall and die, you can hold L and rewind the game to whenever you want (as long as it's less than 10 seconds) and try again. This is how Blinx should’ve used the Time Aspect.

EXTRAS
You can unlock the original PoP and PoP2. That's a HUGE bonus for me because I lost my original copies of both games. This also gives new gamers to go back and play the original games and see what the fuss was all about. It's just a HUGE Plus

OVERALL
Buy this game. It's a perfect cross between action and platformer. It's just a great game overall. I love it. If you're skeptical, rent it. It's worth that much.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/29/03