Review by SargesHeroes77

"Trying to say something good, but it's not easy."

The saying was once said that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all, but today this game just came to mind and I had to laugh. Now I consider myself always one, who roots for the underdog, and I tend to give even famously bad games decent reviews but I could not give this game much help. Let's being by bringing up the matter of game crashes, in which happens on regular basis throughout this game. You'll have to trail someone and then the person in question gets stuck in the environment on something, only to have you catch up and keep waiting for him to move until you nudge him and he magically disappeared into thin air, to which you then fail the mission. Also there are a time when you get taken inside the 3d model of Drake and no that's not a cheat! I can't help but laugh when I think of all the insane things this game allows as it just seems a comedy of errors. The only reason why I have some give for this game is due to the overall concept and story which are pretty good, but this game was doomed to fail from the start.

Story: 5 out of 10
Actually the story is fairly good, or as far as you get to read about it in the come along marketing comic book. The dojo you train in has been wiped out and some elder killed you but brought you back to life through some ritual, which makes you immortal to a point. You then plot a course for revenge, but after the second in game movie you'll have no idea what's going on because the game become too vague. There is also an interesting point that when you die you go to the after life, but even though this seems cool in concept it really has no bearing on the game.

Controls: 1 out of 10
The only thing I can say good about the game is that it allows two different weapons in each hand but that's no compromise to the awful controls. The game plays like a 3rd person shooter with plat forming in it with controls that were really only meant for shooting. Why put plat forming in a game where your jumping control is just plain broken?

Graphics: 3 out of 10
The game uses a strange form of cell shading which does not look bad in general but far too many seams and clipping is really the most consistent thing in this game.

Sound: 3 out of 10
Sub par sums it up when you do hear anything of importance, but a saving grace for the game is that you'll never really notice the sound. If I noticed it more I would have to give it a really bad score.

Buy or Rent: Buy
I can not recommend this game to anyone, but if you want to check this game out to see how badly it was then buy it. I paid $5.00 used for a mint copy and returned it the next day. It would probably cost more as a rental.

Overall: 3 out of 10
I would have given this game a much lower score, but as I said the story is good in concept. I bought this game to try and prove some of the critics wrong about this game but could not. The only reason to buy this game is to just see for yourself how bad this game is, unless you don't mind constant restarts and cam somehow make the controls work for you.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 07/30/07