Review by LoL Leader

"Awesome game, but not popular??"

Intro:
I recently received this game for Christmas ( one of the 2 things I actually asked for) I had only ever tried it once, and that was a demo at a friends house. When I got it, I was ecstatic, I had had X-box live since early July and no good games to play online, now I had one. I played some one player first to get used to it, managed to beat te first level ( still had guys die though..) I go online to play, do a quick search ( since I only have sucky rogers cable, how do you play a team game when you can have a max of 3 people in the room?) and no games show up for team, so I search cooperative, no games, search solo, nothing. Disheartened I figured, everyone was too busy on christmas to be playing a game. Next day, nothing again, major letdown. Then I discovered, the opti-match. I actually managed to find 3 games at the going at the same time. (anyone know what the filter on/off does, cause that changes what games show for me) Sometimes though, still no games.

Anyways, onto the actual ratings, not just me whining about how much more this game deserves then what it has.

Graphics: 8.5/10
The graphics are pretty good, not halo quality, but pretty good. The characters are good, I like the male/female variations, it should've helped lure female gamers, but the closest I've found are gamers that sound like females online.

Menu System: 8.5/10
The menu system is pretty typical, nothing too exciting. My one problem with it is you can't press B and repick your platoon once you hit ready in split screen.

Great gameplay, ummm, this is actually the first straight-out fps I've ever bought, I usually go for adventure or rpg. I must say though, I am impressed. The team control menu is a great feature, maybe if your platoon would actually go where you told them without you leading them,but then you could just sit back and win with a 5-man team , so I kinda wouldn't want that...

Online Play: 9/10
As stated in the intro, the number of gamers is kind of lacking, but it's still good. Couple of features they could've added; show the ping even when you're inside a room, not just in the lobby, show the users actual gamertags, I mean, I like being able to set my name to anything, hide yourself, change it a lot, but you can't add people to your friends list as easily.

Overall:
Well, I've enjoyed this game, and I hope you found this review helpful, thanks for reading.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/02/04