Review by FlawlezzProdigy

"Speed behind the wheel"

This is only game I've owned, since MegaRace on PC. Yeah, it's been a long time, but I've played a couple of racing games here and there. But I know a good racing game when I play one. And this, my friend, is a good one.

Gameplay: The game appears to be a good game just by watching the scene before the menu comes up. When it is over and the logo comes up with the music, you will then begin to love it. So go ahead and race against the computer or friend and see how you like it. If you're racing a friend who has never played a racing game in his life, expect alot of annoying excitement. The controls are different, though, from other racing games, where the X button is the acceleration. But the controls are okay, and if you ask me, they are just in the right place. Too bad nobody asked me....overall, I give gameplay a 9/10.

Story: The story seems like Fast and the Furious, but I can't spoil everything for you. Just like mostly all games, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up. But this is one of the things I love about this game. You get to get money after just about every race, and some races, you even get upgrades. So take any challenge you get, because it can make your car better. Fill your reputation bar, and you WILL get noticed. This is all I can say about this game without bending the rules, and I give the story part of this game a 10/10.

Graphics/Sound: C'mon, dawg. This is the X-Box, of course the graphics are gonna be good. The cars look like they just took a picture of a car in real life. The cut scenes look very nice, and too beautiful if I must say so myself. The sound is even better. You can hear the ''zoom'' when you past something close to you at a fast speed. And if you're in the race and someone just blows past you, make no doubt about it; you will hear it. When you hit that turbo in the game, it makes it look like you're getting sucked in a time warp and you're going super fast. It sounds like a F-16 just flew over yo head. You'll also feel the vibration. So there's no doubt about me giving the graphics and sound part of the game a 10/10.

Play Time: My friend, this game is long. You can play this game for 5 hours every night and in about a month, you'll almost be half-way finish. This game is definately worth playing again, especially if you want to get a car and customizing it the way you want. I'll just play it over just because the game is too fun. Put this game on hard, and you'll really want to play this game until it dehydrates. In other words, play this game until your fingers fall off. Then start playing with your toes. Playtime: 10/10.

Final Recommendation: Get this game. Play this game. Love this game. This is the routine, and there isn't anything you can do about it. I wouldn't suggest letting someone borrow this game, or you will miss it dearly. This game is a must-buy. If you rent it, you're not gonna want to give it back AND pay the money. This is the end of this review, and if it's from Flawlezz, it's the realest.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/29/03