Review by Mulas

"Legacy of Kain: Defiance"

The Legacy of Kain games have been around since about 1996. The games have two main characters, one named Kain, who the game was originally about. And his former vampire lieutenant Raziel. Before defiance, there were two games that Kain starred in, and two games that Raziel starred in. In Legacy of Kain: Defiance, they come together and you get to take control of both characters.

Sound 10/10

The sound in this game is awesome! One of the most creepy things in this game has to be the spectral realm with Raziel. I kind of get scared easily (ya, I know.. I'm a wuss..) so whenever I went into the spectral realm, I would want to find a way out ASAP.

Gameplay 9/10

The gameplay in this game is awesome. If you have played the LoK games before, you know that the weapon you use is called the Soul Reaver, both Kain and Raziel have it. The fighting in the game is basically hack and slash, but the movements are very fluid that Raziel and Kain do with their attacks. My favorite attack that you could do in the game was if you hit the Y button, he will hit them into the air, and if you hold it down, he will jump up in the air so you can attack them in midair! The control scheme was really easy to get use too also. The only thing that stopped this from getting a 10, is the camera. Like most of the other reviews say, the camera is horrible. The camera has to be looking at an object for you to use your TK ability, and sometimes, the camera won't even go to where it's suppose to (It happened to me quite a bit..).

Story 10/10

Well, if you're a fan of the series, then you should know that this game has a very deep story line and always keeps you guessing what's going to happen next. I don't want to ruin the game for any of you, but if you like the series and you play this game, then you will love Chapter 11 and the ending of the game.

Graphics 10/10

The graphics on this game are amazing. They took the old graphics, and greatly improved on them, in my opinion.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would recommend this game to anyone that is a fan of the series, it is the best in my opinion. If you have never played the series and want to start, don't start from this, you will have no idea what is going on and you probably won't like the game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/03