Review by EmPlaya34388

"Certainly not recommended"

Thief: Deadly Shadows. That's the game my brother and I thought would be truly a great game and would be one of our most played games. We ended up returning it the next day. See this game looks good but it really isn't a good game. Sure it uses stealth, one of my favorite things to do in a video game, but this game's stealth is not entertaining and quite frankly I didn't like this game.

Game-play 6/10 - The game-play in this game is not exactly perfectly understandable. I mean game-play is one of the if not the most important element in a video game. The gamer would want to know how to play the game and what button to press to perform a certain thing. And this game's game-lay doesn't please me. Sure I know how to control what I do but it's very hard remembering how to do everything and what to press to do something. I failed a mission because I forgot what button to press to duck! Game-play gets a 6/10 from me. Not a very bad rating but not a very good rating either.

Graphics 7/10 - The graphics in Thief: Deadly Shadows is definitely the best part of the game and they're not awesome either. The character models do look good, don't get me wrong. But the surrounding environments that you will encounter throughout the game don't look so great and it's hard to tell where dark places are and if a place if light or not. Sounds very silly and I sound like an idiot, I know. But it's true. Graphics get a 7/10 from me, respectively.

Sound 5/10 - The sound in this game just isn't good. You can barely hear your footsteps so you don't know if you're being too loud or anything like that and the sound of your weapon when trying to hit someone is just not good. The sound department in Thief: Deadly Shadows gets a 5/10 from me.

Replay value 4/10 - When I first got off of Thief: Deadly Shadows, I wanted to go back and play it again. But the second time I played it and got off, I just said no.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/05