Review by mlansky

"Wild, crazy and fun!"

Jak 2? Ratchet and Clank? Do they have a crazed weasel chained to an indestructible bunny bestowing havoc on an evil animal testing corporation? I think not, but Whiplash! certainly does.

So you've just been set loose in an animal testing facility after three long years of experiments, the catch is your a weasel and you have a loud mouthed bunny chained to you. What do you do? Well you destroy everything in sight! Scientists, security guards, and hazmat hunters in your way? No problem just start swinging around that bunny and presto problem solved. What better way to get back at the corporation that performed countless experiments on you? Destroy EVERYTHING! Sending them into bankruptcy and freeing lots of other animals. Just to add to the fun, a lot of the freed animals help you by attacking their former captors. There is just something fun about beating people and the surroundings silly with a rabbit, that keeps it from ever getting old or repetitive.

The graphics are well done, by keeping a cartoony feel to the game. The animations are also very nice, and the attack animations never cease to bring a smile to my face. The sound effects are top notch, as you can hear every footstep of the maniacal weasel exploring and destroy the facility. It even has a neat background musical score, complete with 'real' elevator music. While the visual and audio effects are not especially stunning, they do compliment the humor and fun of the game fantastically.

What really makes this game great, is it is hilarious. The cinematics are at times hysterical. Many times I found myself extremely excited to trigger another cinematic, because I couldn't wait to find out what zany humor would come up next. Redmond's (the rabbit) wise cracks throughout the game are always entertaining, and they did a good job of not being too repetitive.

The gameplay is excellent, mainly because breaking things with a weasel and a rabbit never gets old. It's also very cool using the rabbit in very interesting ways (there's a couple instances involving a toilet and some others involve setting the bunny ablaze) to solve puzzles and progress through the game. Basically the bunny is quite an amazing creature, that is constantly tormented by the sychotic weasel in their desperate attempt to escape. As an added bonus there is very little loading times, so you are almost always playing!

Overall, an excellent choice for purchase. There isn't another game out there like this one. So if you like to be entertained by slightly zany humor, and the idea of causing mayhem with two very unlikely heroes interests you, pick this game up.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/20/04