Review by Jedi_Master_Sam

"THE best squad based shooter on the Xbox, bar none"

The reason I bought this game is because it's a Star Wars game. The reasons that I like it are far more numerous.

Game Play: Classic first person shooter game play. Just think either of the two Halo games and you'll know what I mean. But there is something more about this game. Your Squad. You play as Delta 38, the leader of Delta Squad. You have the ability to command your squad to do sniper maneuvers, plant some C4 (or whatever it's called in the Star Wars universe), disarm a mine, throw grenades, hack a computer, or simply just form up behind you. Nearly whatever you want them to do, you can make them do it.

Even with all that, there are still some problems. While the campaign mode has a stunning storyline, it's far too short. Even though you go through over 15 levels on three different planets, and the levels are very long mind you, the end still leaves you wanting more. Then there's the multi-player mode. While not too bad, there are some things missing. The multi-player is much like Halo, except there is no way to customize the options. But for a feature that was just added in to mainly single player game, it's pretty good.

Star Wars games have for years, been pretty bad at making good game play. But over the last couple of years, they've been getting better. Star Wars Republic Commando is one of them. Definitely one of the best Star Wars games to date.

Graphics: Stunning, simply stunning. To date, I am yet to find a game that has the detail that this game does on Xbox. Everything is so clear, and looks like it should. Of course with the age of this game, and the Xbox 360 being released, then are probably some games out there with better graphics. But that aside, I was most definitely surprised with the graphics of this game.

Sound: Yet again I'm writing a review for a Star Wars game, and yet again the sound option receives a perfect ten. I am yet to find anything wrong with the sound of this game. The original music done for this game by Jesse Harlin, the blasters, the grenades, the wildlife, it's all perfect. All the music in this game gets you in the mood for killing trandoshans, or ripping apart droids. The one piece of non-original music in this game is very good. Clones by Ash, the theme song for Republic Commando, fits this game perfectly. I don't think that a better song could have been chosen for a theme song.

Value: Looking for a good first person shooter, this is the game you want. Looking for a good squad based game, this is the game you want. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has got nothing on this game.

Rent or Buy: Totally buy. Unless you live around the corner of a game rental place. You'll just want to play this game over and over again until you destroy your coffee machine because you mistook it for a droideka.
Seriously buy it. You wont regret it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/16/07