Review by TheBreaker

"thePublic Commands a better Product"

Upon the first release of information of Republic Commando I kept my eyes open and watched the game grow into its final stages. I downloaded the Kashyyk demo and I played the Droid Ship demo on the Xbox. So I knew exactly how this game would play, and honestly I didn't get enough. A few days after the game's release I ran to purchase the game.

Now some people think that graphics make the game, and in some aspects it does. However this does not apply to this game. Explosions could be done MUCH better and there are NO cutscenes unfortunately, one thing I tend to enjoy VERY much. The graphics look alright, not the greatest thing I've ever seen but they look relatively nice compared to other xbox games.

The soundtrack this game provides is so unbelievably raw I actually downloaded it off of the LucasArts website, popped it in my CD player and went for one of the best cross country runs of my life. The music is so suiting for combat and really induces a sense of adrenaline and primative instinct. The weapons sound nice and the sound effects which they cause are done nicely as well.

Gamplay: 10/10

I mean this game is unbelievable at first, the command system is flawless and the commandos are really elite. I enjoyed it for the most part. However the game does lack in that it has NO cutscenes, nothing you do feels like it has any sort of impact or any end result. I really would've liked at least some kind've verification on it. But honestly the breach, slice, and take position commands are sufficient for the game, there could've been more depth, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

End result:

Ending result is a very nice game for a single player play-through. Play it at the hardest difficulty AT FIRST in order to get the best game experience, you don't want to play it on medium or easy simply because the game is a little too short to be blasting through it. Take the time to develop tactics and enjoy the game for what it is, a first person tactical shooter with the tactical part being the most fun.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 03/07/05