"Amazing game, best graphics on Xbox to date."

This game is simply amazing. If you played the first Splinter Cell, and liked it you will definitely like this one much better. The graphics have been improved, the online play has been improved, and virtually every other aspect of the game has been improved. I will take a close look into each ''major category'' of the game.

Graphics:
10/10
The graphics are excellent. There are three things that I think should have been improved. One is that in the outside maps the clouds are simply non-moving pictures. Another is the faces, and arms of the characters are a little choppy. The last is when there is a news broadcast the mouth of the newscaster is basically just moving, but not in tune with what he is saying. These three issues are very minor, and barley worth mentioning.

Audio:
9/10
Its great. They got a new ''actor'' to voice Sam, who is even better than in the first game (if that is possible). None of the things they say get repetitive, unless you keep dyeing, as they didn't skimp and recorded different audio for every mission. I don't think there are any flaws in the audio

Controls:
9/10
Well, seeing as this is the Xbox controller it would be hard to mess the controls up. The only thing different about the controls from the first version is that there is now a whistle button, which is a great addition.

Xbox Live (online play):
9/10
WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS. It is just simply amazing. You can choose weather to be a spy, or mercenary. There are extra gadgets that are not accessible offline. There are extra maps not accessible offline, you can chat with your teammates, and download new levels for the single player mode.

Other:
8.7/10
This ''other'' section will cover everything else that I did not already mention. First off, they released the game with a number of bugs(1: not being able to use the Optimatch system to find people to play with, and 2:extra large pixels around Sam's shoulders, not allowing you to see around him when crouched) which to me shows lack of testing. Of course those are now patched, and you can download them if you have Live. Another slightly annoying thing is if you accidentally push ''up'' on the directional pad the guns laser pointer comes on, and if this hits an enemy, or they see it on a wall they sound an alarm, and come to kill you. This game is also extremely smart. For example,if you knock somebody out, and dump their body in the water about 30 seconds later he will tell you that the mission is failed because you killed somebody (he drowned)
Overall:
9/10
This is no doubt now the best Xbox game. Although some category's didn't get 9's all of the games strengths make up for the few weaknesses. If you are still using the original Xbox, I highly recommend picking up this game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/28/04, Updated 03/17/08

Game Release: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (US, 03/23/04)