"While it's not perfect, it's damn close."

Yes, Ubi-soft released a sequel to one of the greatest games made, Splinter Cell. Although it doesn't quite live up to the first, it's a close second. Then again what game ever surpasses it's original, besides Half-Life 2 and Halo 2? At first, when I first rented this, I absolutely hated it, and didn't play it over Live, just played the missions in single player. Finally one of my friends mentioned the greatness of multi-player Xbox Live for it, so I decided to give it a try. I was hooked, and haven't given it back to Gamefly to this day. You have to have Live if you want to have the really good adrenaline rush. Yes, some people on Live have ruined the whole experience but, I have plenty of fair, good playing friends, so I'm sure you'll find some to.

Many people say that this is a downgrade from the first, me being one of those. Although more people say it has better graphics, well that just isn't true. Although it is beautiful to stare at the great fire and water effects, the first holds the bar for the greatest looking game, or is at least in the top 3 in my book. I recommend getting this game just based on these graphics, and other things, as it is great.

Great sound, but yet again, the first still holds the bar, but not very high above Pandora Tomorrow's head. The voice acting isn't top notch, but it is very, very good, better than I thought it could ever be. The alarms sound great. The crackling of the fire is great. The walking and moving sound is great. Pretty much every sound, except for the grunts you make when you are taking hits are great. Nothing is the best in this game, but they are in the top ten.

Animations: 8/10

While the animations are a little weird and quirky, they can actually be pretty good. The rolling animation is the best in the whole game. The ladder climbing or bad landing from a large fall are the worst ones. You shouldn't care much about the animations. The running and sneaking is great so you should be happy.

Near perfect, enough said. Great controls that feel effective with each touch.

Basically the worst part, as it is pretty much the same story, some big evil leader from some huge power country leads a terrorist organization. Not that the first story was bad, but Tomorrow's is all to familiar. So really there is not point for single player. Sure, some missions offer a challenge, but most are dull.

Overall, if you play Live a lot, this will be your best friend. But, I recommend not just getting this for the single player as it is just the same as the first and is pretty easy and boring. You don't need to play the first to get this, so go hurry up and buy it!

This are just my opinions, so don't flame me for them. We each have are own.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/24/04