Review by Twiztid Klown

"Awesome Game."

This is one of the best games I have played on the Xbox. Definitely better than the original (although, the original was cool).

Story - 10/10

The story is great... It goes like: "The U.S. installs a temporary military base on East Timor to train the developing defense force of the "world's youngest democracy." Resistance to the U.S. military presence in Southeast Asia is widespread and passionate, but the threat Indonesian militias pose to Timorese democracy is deemed sufficient justification. Anti-U.S. resentment comes to a head under the leadership of guerrilla militia leader Suhadi Sadono, acting with the unofficial support of major corrupt factions of the Indonesian government. Suhadi's men attack and occupy the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, taking dozens of civilian and military personnel hostage." Didn't feel like putting it into my own words, so I copy and pasted.

Gameplay - 10/10

The gameplay is pretty simple and easy to get used to.. Especially the controls. The controls are almost the same as the controls for the PS2 version of the original game are. With the exception of the Whistle button and I think 1 other extra thing. I haven't tried online play yet, so I can't say too much about that.. I hear it is awesome though. Fisher has some nre tricks he's learned. Hanging upside done from a bar and shooting, the Half Split Jump which allows you go get up higher than a normal split jump but in more narrow corridors. He can now whistle, so instead of wasting bullets shooting the wall to get a guards attention, or trying to look for bottles and cans to throw, you can now just whistler to get their attention.. Pretty useful. And he still has his old moves, like the regular Split Jump, which you will find yourself using alot more often than in the first game where you only got to use it once. In this game, you can use the Split Jump in just about any corridor you see. There are other moves too, but I won't say the rest. The gameplay is very cool and fun.

Graphics - 10/10

The graphics are jaw-dropping.. Even better than the graphics of the original game. The lighting and shadow effects are awesome... Sometimes I stare at the scenery around me more than I concentrate on the game when i'm playing it. And I love in the moving through the really tall weeds and grass at night time in Indonesia. It looks awesome and the grass moves as you walk through it. The mission with the thunderstorm is one of my favorite missions. The rain falling constantly looks terrific and the lighting looks pretty cool.

Sound - 10/10

The sound in the game is perfectly clear. Flawless. Like in the Indonesia mission when you are walking through the tall grass, it sounds completely realistic.. Sounds as real as it looks. And the part with the thunderstorm, the sound of the thunder is great.. Sounds completely real, and the sound of the rain hitting the ground.. It doesn't matter what kind of surface the rain hits, it's gonna make the sound it is supposed to make.. If it is falling on a tin roof or something, it will make that exact sound (I don't think there are any tin roofs.. it was just an example, lol). The games music is pretty good too.. Can't find anything wrong with it. It's good to see that this game doesn't have the minor problem the first game had with the music; Sometimes the music would pick up and keep on playing forever no matter what is going on... This game doesn't have that problem though. The voice overs are really good. Michael Ironside did another great job and providing the voice for Fisher. The sound in this game is very well done.

Replay Value - 10/10

Even though I still haven't played the Multiplayer, i'm pretty sure it's the main thing that gives this game most of its replay value. The single player mode is still fun to go back and replay your favorite missions though.

Rent or Buy?

Definitely buy it... It's worth all the money. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/25/04