Review by Shadrock

"You can't go wrong with this one folks.."

Here we are, 2 years from the launch of the Xbox (Which I'll admit was a bit rocky, but wasn't too bad). Though, I have to say..the Xbox has really come into it's own. It's unleashed some really powerful games, ones that are not only amazing-looking, but are just amazing experiences, period. I'm very satisfied with my purchase, being the owner of all three of these next-gen consoles, I can honestly say the Xbox is my favorite of the bunch.

It's portfolio gets stronger each month, with games like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Halo, Mech Assault, Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic, and many others, there is just no reason not to own an Xbox if you haven't bought one yet. You'll just be too busy catching up to get bored with it, and by the time you have caught up, there will be another blockbuster game waiting for you.

It's quite simple, with games like Halo 2, Kameo, Ninja Gaiden, Crimson Skies, Fable, BC, and many more huge titles coming out over the holiday season and through the first quarter of 2004, you can't go wrong with the 'X.'

Features: The Xbox has many unique features, the most popular one I can think of is of course the infamous ''Custom Soundtrack'' feature, in which it allows you to rip songs from your audio cds and play them in xbox games that support the feature. Though, the feature that impresses me the most, is the built-in online network. Xbox Live. It's possibly the most organized and easiest online gaming service to get into, anyone can sign up and get right into playing online, there is no filling out any forms after you've made your Gamertag, you select your gamertag, sign in, and you're in.

There's also a small feature that I like, the detachable controllers, this is the smartest idea anyone has ever done. Ever tripped over a controller and knocked your console off of the surface it was laying on? I have, and believe me it pisses you off. With the disconnecting controllers, this wont happen, because if you do happen to trip on the cored, it'll disconnect near the end and it wont move the Xbox in the slightest, I'm puzzled as to why it took so long for someone to come up with this idea....

Games: I mentioned above, Xbox has a strong portfolio now. It's got a lot to offer fans of offline epic single player games, as well as online multi-player driven games. I'm not going to go into listing games, because I'm sure anyone who is interested in buying an Xbox will do some research, or they already know.

Design: Okay, now this is the only thing I really dislike about the system, yeah it's big (but it's not that heavy like a lot of the wimps out there exaggerated it to be) The green jewel in the middle of the system just doesn't blend in, it looks horrible, and I really think you should remove the green, and just have Xbox in silver metallic letters going across the middle (much like the Xbox logo going around the Cd-Rom Disc Tray).

Overall: It's worthy of a purchase, definitely, for the $180 price tag it's asking for, there is no way you won't get your moneys worth out of this quality product from Microsoft. The games portfolio is superb, the graphics only get better and better, to the point where you're blown away in some games. Xbox Live is addictive, cheap, and has a lot to offer. I highly recommend you buy console, As soon as possible. ;)

Games: 9 / 10