Review by Jedi_Master_Sam

"The Force is even stronger in this game."

Out of the Battlefront series this game is clearly the better. If only I had owned an Xbox when this game came out, I would have gotten it years ago.

Game Play: The only thing needed to say is 'Awesome'. But of course, I need to write more. Basically you run around, kill your enemies much like any other army game, and take the Command Posts. Except there is one difference, it's set in the Star Wars universe. This makes for one heck of a game.

On foot combat is excellent. The ability to jump, roll, crouch, and even go prone, makes for interesting combat. Tank combat is also good. This is one of the few games that actually shows how powerful tanks really are. Had enough of this ground combat? Then take it to the skies in a fighter. You can dogfight above with other star fighters, or you can help out your ground troops.

No matter what you want to do, you'll enjoy yourself.

Graphics: Very good. Everything is looks like is does. And I've yet to see and glitches or other things that makes to graphics go all weird like. Of course the graphics could be better, but by the time most games come out, there is a way of making better graphics already. But going up against other games that were released at this same time as this one, this game has superb graphics, on Xbox of course. On the PC, and with the right PC, you could probably get better graphics, but on the PS2 you'll get poorer graphics. But that's to be expected as the Xbox is graphically superior.

Sound: This is a Star Wars game. That explains why the music is so good. Again that is the only thing needed to be said, but you guys want detail. Everything sounds like it does in the movies. Blasters sound like blasters, explosions sound like explosions, lightsabers have that familiar hum, even the environment sounds like it should. Even John William's classic score is here in it's entirety. They even got the voices of your fellow troopers, and of course your enemy troopers, to sound like they do in the movies. I've yet to hear of any problem that makes sound glitches.

Value: This game definitely deserves all of the hype it got all those years ago. If you don't own this game, buy it now. Even if you don't really like Star Wars that much, you'll still enjoy this game. If you do own this game, why are you sitting here readings this? Play it, now.

Rent or Buy: Obviously buy. It's just too good a game to just rent. Even if you own Battlefront 2 already, still buy it. If you're a Star Wars fan, then you'll love the detail. If you're not a Star Wars fan, this game is an excellent action game all on it's own. The game isn't all that expensive any more, considering it's age, so what do you have to lose.

That's why I gave it a 9.8 out of 10. I rounded up to 10 because that's the closest you can get to it. It's just awesome.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/12/06