Review by slapshot16

"As Good as Advertised?"

NO! This game is NOT as good as advertised. Before you start yelling and screaming and cursing at me, let me say this is a VERY good game. They promised us the world and didn't deliver. But it is still VERY good.

The graphics are very good in this game. Other people complain that they suck, they're horrible, yeah right. They are good. The explosions rock the ground and make you feel like you are there. My favorite thing is the ragdoll effects. People were scared about these being overused, but they are implemented perfectly. Seeing a grenade roll in front of you and then flying into the air and doing flips as you plummet towards the rock hard ground. Oh so sweet.

The music and sound a quite good. Of course, it might be cheating that you have a multi-million dollar movie soundtrack to go along with it. :) The blaster's sounds are ringing through your ears is very cool.

Gameplay 9/10

It's a blast. 'Nuff said. The experience is tripled though xbox live. The four factions are balanced enough. The maps are quite diverse, with tight, infantry focused maps, and others are huge and sprawling with AT-ATs walking along. My first impression when I played Hoth was, "Wow" The AT-AT is just huge! You are not even as big as his foot. It's a very immersive game.

Diverseness: 8/10

Yes, I know I just made up that word. Yes, I know nobody else has this as a category. Oh well. The maps are diffrent, but not that diffrent that you have to learn new controls on every map. The factions, are a little bit too similar. One special unit that doesn't make that much of a diffrence isn't enough. I wish they had to two that they had originally planned. Sometimes the Destroyer Droid is a little bit overpowered, but it can be countered with some stratagey.

I love this game. It's alot better than quite a few Xbox games out there right now. It's immersive, satisfying, and most of all, FUN. Yes, I know it's shocking, but it's FUN! Haven't seen that in a video game for a while. You should enjoy this game. If you don't, something is wrong with you.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/25/04