Review by DeadeyeDay

"Co-op Heaven"

Star Wars Battlefront is an excellent shooter to play with your mates or online.

Story 8/10

Not much of a story as it is all based on the battles from all the star wars films, although when you play galactic conquest there is a sort of story as each planet you control determines which planetary bonus you can use on your next battle.

Graphics 8/10

Graphics are good enough, the character models are all easily recognisable and so are all the vehicles. The landscapes vary for each planet with ice, deserts, jungles and the Bespin cloud city with all its platforms. You get to choose from 5 characters when you start the game and each has their own unique ability from the infantry soldier to the sniper, the pilot, the heavy weapons expert and the wookies (when playing as the rebels), the empire has their Jet packers, all in all a good choice to suit your needs.

Gameplay 10/10

This is where the game really shines and to put it bluntly this is all out WAR, you start at a spawn point you can choose which one to start from and the objective is to claim all the enemy's spawn points indicated by a red dot on your map, not as easy as it sounds as there is either 200 or 250 soldiers on each side and sooner or later you will run into a group of soldiers and then it is all out action. You can choose to drive vehicles or pilot some like the x-wing, they are easy enough to get the hang of, have a go at the snowspeeders on Hoth and attempt to take down an AT AT, at first it is difficult but once you have had a few goes you will get the hang of it.

Replayability 9/10

Played with a friend on co-op the replayability is endless as I have had countless galactic conquests and each time it seems to get better. Playing on single player by yourself is still fun although it might seem repetitive after a while this is not to say you will get bored, far from it you will still enjoy but it seems a lot better when you have a mate to play alongside.

Overall 9/10

An excellent game that will get you hooked as soon as you put it on, the only gripe I have is that some of the maps could have been a bit bigger to enable you to fly some vehicles to their true potential, the array of vehicles you can enter will keep the game fresh each time you play it. This is without doubt my favourite game and one I anticipate I will be playing for a long time to come.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/08/04