Review by ModKnight

"The Star Wars Game To Savor The Cravings"

STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT

Introduction
Battlefront is no exception to the already famous Star Wars franchise. Battlefront is the best Star Wars game to let you become a part of the epic battles we have come to love. If you have been searching and searching for a good first person shooter that has awesome battle sequences, look no further. Read this review to find out more about this awesome Star Wars adventure.

Gameplay 10/10
The gameplay in Star Wars Battlefront is really really good. I have always wanted to play a sthe Rebel Alliance and take out the evil Galactic Empire and this game helps me do that. There are many choices as to which planet you attack, which character you play as, what strategy you decide to use for any given fight, and so much more. While playing this game you will notice that there are vehicles stationed throughout the field maps such as tanks, and small landspeeders scattered throughout the given positions side. The planets that you get to play on are well mapped and beautifully rendered. I have always wanted to live the battle of Endor with the Ewoks and now I get to. I actually felt like I was at Endor, Tattooine, Bespin, and the other beautiful worlds. You would understand why I was overjoyed to take part in the epic snowcovered hills of the beautiful Hoth. The idea of fighting for either the Empire, Rebel Alliance, Rebublic, and CIS is awesome and breathtaking. While battling you will notice the inhabitants of the worlds either fighting for your cause or against it. For example while fighting on Tattooine you will fight the Tusken Raider, and while on Endor the Ewoks. Kashyyyk naturally brings the boisterous and powerful Wookies, as Geonosis brings the Geonosian Warriors to the field.

The enemy AI is actually good. This fact was surprising to me when I started to play. If you try to sneek up on them, they will turn around. You would think that all games are like that, but you would be surprised at what you would find in some of the other first person shooters.

In Battlefront you actually get a choice as to which camera style you want. From the pause menu you can actually change the view from first person to third person, this is a wonderful feature in my opinion.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics in Battlefrnot are outstanding. There isn't much to say beyond that. Battlefront completely and superbly executes the famous and lost battles. The character animations are exceptional as well as the weapon animations. The beautifully rendered landscapes of the various planets and battlefields is really well done, which is very important in getting into the role of your chosen side and character.

Replayability 10/10
Battlefront is based on replaying the battles. It's almost impossible not to replay this game at least three or four times. I guess that the battles are just to hypnotising :P.

Overall 10/10
Battlefront is a great game for everyone that wants to re-live the epic Star Wars battles we love to watch, and now play. Star Wars fans will naturally come to enjoy this game and I recommend picking this one up, because it makes a perfect addition to any video game library.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/24/05