Review by movielover10

"One of the better Mortal Kombat games"

Mortal Kombat: Deception is the eighth or so game in the Mortal Kombat series. Konquest mode puts you in the shoes of a boy named Shujinko who has to get all the Komidogu from all seven of the realms in Mortal Kombat; because a spirit named Damashi named him the Elder Gods champion. Now lets break the game down:

Konquest Mode Gameplay: 8/10

Konquest mode was awesome. I loved being able to walk around all seven of the realms and talk to every single person. I loved finding each of the chests and unlocking the secrets in the Krypt. The controls were also crafted very well. Everything seemed in the right place. It was much more fun than I anticipated. However there were some bad things in Konquest mode. There wasn't a mission checklist, which it very hard to keep track of all the side missions. Also you cannot walk through some trees for some reason. There is a invisible force field. The last bad thing about Konquest mode was the training. Some of the combos (especially the juggling and style branching combos) were very difficult to pull off. I don't even know why I needed to learn them. I never used them through out the game. In my opinion however the good things in this portion of the game far outweighed the bad things.

Chess Kombat Gameplay: 10/10

There was absolutely nothing bad about Chess Kombat. Everything worked together perfectly. The controls were very good again and the actually gameplay is very addicting and fun. Hopefully they keep this in the next Mortal Kombat game because it was awesome.

Puzzle Kombat Gameplay: 3/10

I did not enjoy Puzzle Kombat at all. It felt like it was added at the last minute to take up space on the disc. It was not fun at all and it served no useful purpose. At least with Chess Kombat the rules were easy to understand and it was fun to play. They should cut Puzzle Kombat out next time because it was the only bad game mode in the game.

Kombat Gameplay: 9/10

Arcade mode was awesome. Each character has his/her own ending and each time you play you battle different enemies. I think the developers did a nice job on the arcade mode. They also did a nice job with the versus mode, even though I wish they kept the 4-player versus match. Practice mode was also good, but I wish you could change what the computer controlled person did. Instead of him/her just standing there I wish they added a feature where you could make the computer move around or block or something. As a note for all the modes, why didn't they add more characters to play as in arcade and versus mode? They should have included every single character to play as. They don't even have to be included in the story, just make them playable in arcade mode. I still think they did a great job on this category though.

The story is good but a little confusing and redundant at times. I liked the fact that throughout the game you meet just about every character from the Mortal Kombat universe. What I didn't get however is that as you age through Konquest mode, why didn't the other characters in the game age? That was confusing. The ending is also weak. I won't give it away, but it's disappointing. Overall I think they did a pretty good job in this category.

Graphics/Sound: 9/10

They did an amazing job on the graphics. There were tonnes of blood and no obvious graphical glitches. I was actually surprised how good the graphics are. They are not the best I have ever seen, but they are very good nonetheless. The sound was also very good, except for the fact that the voice acting was bad some times. They should have hired better voice actors. Kenshi's voice was especially bad. In summary they did a very good job on the graphics and pretty good on the sound.

Replayability: 8/10

After you beat Konquest mode more chests appear for you to find, and arcade mode never gets old. However, Puzzle Kombat and Chess Kombat get old after a while. This game is very replayable.

Final Thoughts:

You will spend hours in just in Konquest mode just exploring and you will spend even more hours beating every characters arcade mode. You will spend hours unlocking everything in the Krypt. In short Mortal Kombat: Deception was very well made. I recommend you buy it. For now, cheers.

OVERALL RATING: 8/10