Review by Twiztid Klown

"The best MK game since MK: Trilogy."

I have always been a big fan of the MK games, and this one does not disappoint. It's alot better than Deadly Alliance.

First of all, it's not that I didn't like Deadly Alliance... I own it, and like it.. There were just a few disappointments I found with it. Anyway, back to Deception. The gameplay is almost perfect. The fighting system has improved, and the fighters don't walk around the arena slower than turtles anymore, like they did in DA. There are now, finally 2 fatalities per character this time, and I have to say that they are the best fatalities of the franchise. The Hara-kiri's (or, suicide moves) are a nice addition, if you are quick enough to press the buttons to perform them before your opponent finishes you. Some of them are really funny. The arenas have different levels to them now, so you can knock opponents through walls and off ledges and into new areas of the arena and stuff, and there are stage fatalities (called Death Traps) in this game finally. The only real problem with the gameplay is, even though the fighting system has improved, it still needed to be worked on. The fighting system in MK games has always been a main problem in the MK games.. Not a bad problem, just needs to be improved more. Konquest mode is back, but this time its even better.. You can actually control your character this time, and walk around talking to people, completing tasks, training, and meeting other MK characters and earning koins to buy stuff in the Krypt.

Controls:

The controls can be a little confusing at first if you haven't played Deadly Alliance, since the controls were greatly changed in that game, and they are smiliar in this game. Also, since this is Xbox, the controller isn't very good for fighting games, like the PS2's controller is, but I got used to it pretty quickly, so IMO, the controls are pretty good.

The graphics aren't the best they could've been, but they are really good. Deadly Alliance's graphics were better, but these are still good. Overall, this games graphics are pretty good.

The sound is very good. From the screams, to the sounds of the punches and kicks and stuff (and every other type of move), to the sounds of swords and other weapons clashing together, to the music.. The music is great, and the sound in general is just very well done... There is a bigger variety of fighter screams and grunts in this game than there are in DA too.

If you have been a huge MK fan for a long time, like I have been, you should definitley buy this game (preferably the Kollector's Edition).. But if you're a little iffy about it, give it a rental first.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/07/05