Review by jeff435

"Great game, get it now!!!"

Graphics: 10

The graphics in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 are gorgeous; the maps are very well designed and detailed, right down to the wind blowing, and the fog and rain clouding your vision. What especially was cool about this game is that the vehicles actually moved with clarity and looked awesome, like the enemy tanks and trucks would chase you down and not just move a couple feet and stop. Overall I think the graphics in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 deserve a 10/10 because compared to the first 2 Ghost Recons, they have been greatly improved.

Story: 9

The story in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 is similar to those of the previous Ghost Recons, it's the same old fight the enemies, and avoid some big disaster, but the story even though not very original is still very well put together and presented to the player, keeping you in your seat and begging for more. And that is why I think the story in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 deserves a 9/10.

Controls: 10

The controls in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 are simple and easy to play with; the control scheme is similar to those of the previous games. What makes this game interesting is that you get to choose whether or not you want to play the game in first person view or third person view. The third person is nice because you get to actually see your character, and be able to successfully take cover being able to see your characters whole body. Also in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2, it allows you to control certain things like reloading your weapon or issuing commands by voice via the headset. Overall I think controls for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 deserves a 10/10.

Sound Effects/Music: 10

Sound effects in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 are very good, each map with its own special sound effects are all played accurately to match the situation. Most of the time you can hear birds chirping if say you're in a forest, or in a ruined city you can hear the rain beating down on you and the wind howling.
The guns in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 all have their unique sounds, which are all very well played, some guns are very loud while some very quiet, no problems here.
Overall I think the sound effects and music in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 deserve a 10/10.

Game play: 10

Game play in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 is very enjoyable. Most of the time you are in the middle of some bushes or behind buildings trying to figure out where the enemies are hiding, and being able to take out your rocket launcher and blow some tanks/helicopters to pieces feels very rewarding. The missions can be tough, especially on hard mode, but even on normal mode, sometimes you will find yourself saving a lot, which is also a good feature, having the ability to save where ever and when ever you want, but you eventually get the hang of it and it becomes easy enough to get past that certain part. Overall I give Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 game play a 10/10.

Replay-ability: 10

Lots of replay value here, different modes to play through hard mode being near impossible. Multiplayer is where the replay value really takes affect. Overall I give replay value of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 a 10/10.

Multiplayer/Xbox Live: 10

This is where Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 really shines, while playing with some friends offline can be fun, playing online with up to 16 players is very fun. There are plenty of game modes to choose from, like defend, co-op mission, sharp shooter, and team last man standing, just to name a few. I think Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 is worth getting for the Xbox live play alone. But, online play does have its very minor flaws, but noticeable, like for instance, when play in a match with respawn's enabled, either team tends to get spawn camped, which can prove to be annoying. And every time you go into a new round or match, you got to select your weapon and secondary weapons all over again which takes a small amount of time, but still annoying. Overall I think multiplayer for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 deserves a 10/10.

Overall: 10

Overall I would highly recommend this game to players who have played and liked the previous Ghost Recons. I think new players to the series will have a lot of fun and enjoy it just as much as previous players to the series. But if you are still unsure, give it a rent. Overall I give Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 a well-deserved 10/10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/02/04