Review by Random Passerby

"A game with a decent campaign, and very good online play."

Introduction

After the first person shooter that was Ghost Recon 1, comes this game. A very different, and in my opinion better game. In this game is a decent campaign, and very good and fun online play.

Gameplay

This game is a bit of a change from Ghost Recon 1, as it is third person. However, I think this is a change for the better.The gameplay in this game isn't slow, and it isn't fast. It's right in the middle. As for the AI, it is relatively smart in this game. Sometimes, a little too smart. You shoot at one guy, and a guy next to him that's not even looking at you turns and immediately starts shooting at you. This does make for a challenge, however. The controls for this game are a little tough to get used to, but give it an hour or two and you'll be fine. Changing your fire rate, and switching to grenades get much easier after the first hour you play. As for online, it is very fun and very balanced. Each gun has it's own weaknesses and strong points. Not much lag, that I have seen anyway. There are also many different types of gameplay you can have. Examples are Respawn, Medics, Recon and others.

Story

Not much of a story for this game, you're ghosts, you go around killing people, blah, blah, blah...

Graphics/Sound

The graphics for this game are decent. Some of the bushes, trees that you can walk to off the side of some maps are kind of flat and unshaped, but other than those it's pretty well put together. The sounds are amazing for this game. The rockets, guns, and explosions that go off in the distance sound very nice.

Playtime/Replayability

As for the campaign, it is pretty tough for awhile. I don't really think it has much replayability. As for online, there are a lot of things to do, lots of variation in styles of gameplay. Since you play with actual people, it would be hard for this game to get too repetitive.

Alright, thanks for reading my review. This game is definitely worth a rent, if you are a fan of Third-Person Shooters, or any army shooter for that matter, definitely give it a rent. If you don't have online capabilities, I honestly wouldn't recommend buying the game. If you do have online capabilities, go for it. Thanks again, guys.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/18/05