Review by yacghtl

"A new kind of ghost brings a new kind of game."

This game is an action filled squad-based shooter, and there are a lot of pros, and, unfortunately a few cons.

The story in the game is basically a sequel to the PS2 version, putting you in command of an elite task force known as the ghosts. You play as Scott Mitchell, the leader of the ghosts. You are on television and are recalling all of your missions in Korea. You tell the world of the missions in great detail, and, play them. But, the story isn't the greatest, so I give the story a 6 out of 10.

The single player campaign in the game is outstanding. The new over-the-shoulder camera gives an exciting new feel to the game, but if that old stile first person view is what you want, then just go to the options and change it. There are many new weapons in the game, including the M8-Carbine rifle, and the new M29 assault rifle has a camera hooked up to your helmet, letting you see around corners without sticking your head out to find enemies. Besides the regular squad levels, there is a bundle of Lone Wolf missions which take you away from your squad and place you with huge amounts of enemies to kill by yourself. There are also different types of environments for you to play, all are huge with many different paths to choose, giving you the choice to play the game sneaky, or with lots of shooting. I give the single player campaign a 10 out of 10.

The multi player game type is a whole different game from the single player. The maps are huge, and there can be tons of players for every server. With giant maps, and different environments, you can pick a sniping spot, get behind cover, and watch your kill count rise. There is a multi player campaign mode, but unfortunately, it's just you and whoever you're playing with. There is no squad that you control. I give multi player an 8 out of 10.

The graphics system and artificial intelligence in the game is awesome. The sun reflects off of surfaces that it would in real life, and when it's dark, you have to rely on your night vision to get through the level alive. If you walk through the water and then get out onto dry land, the enemy can hear your boots squeaking on the ground. The enemies will suppress and flank you, and will kill you easily if you're not careful. I give the graphics and artificial intelligence a 9 out of 10.

Overall, this game is great. Great game play and graphics make a beautiful combo. But that doesn't make up all the way for the disappointing story. I give this game an 8 out of 10.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/02/06