Review by TFDM4EVA

"A racing game, but with more personality!"

Personal comment:

I don't really enjoy racing games I find them repetitive, a waste of time and just generally boring, but NFSU 2 interested me more than the other racing games out there. Here is why:

Story mode: 7.5/10

In this mode you get to start a personal "career". This it at times fun but after a few races you will start to loose interest and just give up. It's quite repetitive and you will find yourself just doing the same thing over and over again. The career mode offers six different race types drift, sprint, circuit, URLs, street X and drags. Some of these are fun like sprints but there are some, which will anger you quickly as you crash and have to start all over again (drags). As you win the races you gain bank (which is the fancy word for money in this game) and with that bank you can upgrade your car with parts and body kits hydraulics etc. This probably the most fun bit of the game and can keep you interested for ages. As you do up your car with body kits, spoilers, hydraulics etc, your car gains a visual rating out of ten. This helps your car get on DVDs and magazines. The story mode took me a long time to finish, about 2 days but then again I'm not a big fan of racing games and it shouldn't be a problem for anyone else to finish without any difficulty. TIP: Don't play on easy it is just too easy or you'll find yourself winning every race with a 30 or 40 sec lead.

The graphics in need for speed is awesome when it comes to your car but the surroundings you drive in are nothing special and quite plain. I liked the lighting affects on your car and the affects your car have on the roads surface but I still think that more effort could have been put in the graphics of the city you drive in. What I also didn't like was the traffic and how that looked, the cars of the local public looked more like match boxes than cars and if you hit them nothing fell of them and they just kept on driving on like nothing had happened.

The sound affects and music on NFSU2 are awesome. The engine and tire sounds sounded realistic and made you think you really are driving at 300 Km/h down the busy motorway. The music is good to as I'm a fan of snoopdog and heavy metal but what is disappointing is that there is no custom sound track. But if you don't like rap and rock music then I guess you can just turn of the music and listen to your radio.

Replayibility: 5/10

I guess you could have another crack at it when you clock it, but what is the point? You could do it on another difficulty but then again do you really want to sit there and spend another eternity racing over 100 times on a higher difficulty? Well that's up to you to decide.

Fun rating: 5/10

Hey what can I say it wasn't really that fun although the customisation was interesting.

Rent or Buy?

If you like racing games Buy, if not rent and if you like it buy the game.

Final rating: 7 /10