Review by eclipse3319

"Best arcade racer"

Need For Speed Underground 2. Good Racer

First, I must say that this is THE best arcade style racing game I've ever played. It doesn't quite get the simulation style like Forza, but NFSU2 is still a good custom car racer.
GRAPHICS 10/10
The graphics are simply amazing. Whenever I play mine my moth always goes to the floor because the graphics look AWESOME. The reflections on the streets just make your mouth drop to the floor and it stays there. The camera angles are good and NFSU2 pulls of the sense of speed like none other. When you go fast, the camera shakes and you feel like your going to go out of control. The car animations are stunning, AND you can make it look like whatever you want it to, from vinyls (HUGE stickers) to the Pearlecent Paint (Changes color as you move), from the headlights to the neon lights you can customize anything. The tracks are also some of the best I've seen in a racing game. The designers made the tracks then put in the scenery so this is not an actual city, which In My Opinion is very limited in racing. But Just seeing the trees zip by is cooler than you think because you always think, "Oh &*#%, *BAM*" A certain 10/10. My only complaint is no vehicle damage, though why would you want to see your beauty all beaten up? *Shivers*

Sound 5/10:(
I am not blowing smoke up your butt, the sound is ok. I think they could have put a little more effort in to the music. The music also gets really repetitive. Personally i would have preferred the music from NFSU.

Game play 8/10
This game is SWEET, but there are two things that make this game great. 1.)You can race suv's. How sweet is that! 2.) Customization wise this game by far beats the first NFSU. The game is so neat. You feel you are an actual street racer and you have to tune up your ride and it is just cool. But that's just the story. The racing is the greatest I've seen. The drag races will put you on the edge of your seat missing cars by mere inches, the drifts will actually make you turn the controller in a feeble attempt not to crash into a wall, and even the normal circuit races when your on the final stretch, hitting your nitrous and catching up to the guy who is about to cross the finish line will make you go, "Oh &*#%, Oh ^$&$, Oh YES I WON!"Nothing can match that. Priceless. Another strong point is the amazing A.I.; best I've seen in a racing game, they actually carry grudges. Ex. You hit a guy at the start of the race making him crash; he will unleash all heck onto your life until you crash.

Multiplayer 9/10
STUPENDOUS multiplayer split screen mode. Here if you and your friend have different profiles, you can race to see whose car is the best. Imagine playing all the above with a friend head-to-head. Very fun. I will now describe it AGAIN because I am persuading you to buy this game. The drag races will put you on the edge of your seat missing cars by mere inches, the drifts will actually make you turn the controller in a feeble attempt not to crash into a wall, and even the normal circuit races when your on the final stretch, hitting your nitrous and catching up to the guy who is about to cross the finish line will make you go, "Oh &*#%, Oh ^$&$, Oh YES I WON!"

Controls and Options 8/10
The controls are very ARCADE-Y, meaning they're tight and not like the actual cars in real life. There is an option to turn of the stability so you are in complete control. There is nothing really special about the main options, yet there is nothing wrong with them either.

Overall 9.1/10
This game will keep you occupied for many hours of grueling game play. The graphics are amazing and the speed will make you go "Oh &*#%, Oh ^$&$, Oh YES I WON!"(Love that line). Seriously, if you want a good game to play, look no further, this game is MARVELOUS! To put this game in a few words I would use, MARVELOUS, ARCADE-Y, STUPENDOUS, SWEET, AMAZING, AWESOME, and it good too. , it is a very fun game to play against a buddy, or even by yourself. Happy driving.

Rent or BUY?
I strongly advise to at least RENT this game; you will have fun for ALL 7 days. If you like what you rent should you...
A.) Burn the disk and pay for it
B.) Buy the game
C.) Eat it, Flush it, Rinse, Repeat if Necessary
D.) All of the above

If you chose B then I agree, if you chose D (and you had some anger problems) I wouldn't blame you, this game does get tough if your not good at racing games, even if you are great (like me) you will get stuck.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/04/05