Review by MCAsniper

"Not the best, but still one of the better Predator games out there."

I didn't have high expectations for this game. I planned on playing it, but I didn't expect it to be any good. This is a movie game, of course, and I am a big Predator fan. When I finally got to play it yesterday, I realized that it is a good game with minor flaws that could be excused.

Graphics 7/10
The graphics in this game aren't in any way spectacular. They're just average. Think Spider Man 2, except with an alien Lil Jon. The stealth is nice and so are some of the enemy designs. The animation is in perfect predator fashion and I have to admit the predator himself looks quite bad ass!

Sound 9/10
One of the best things about this game is the sound. Since the predator has all the moves, abilities, and gadgets from the movies, the sound on them sounds entirely the same. Personally, I like to use the voice mimicry ability, because all of them are directly from the movies. The predator roar is done in top notch quality, as it should be, and the bone crunching you hear through out the game is all very good.

Game-play 7/10
This is the main downfall of predator. Its not that the controls are bad, there kind of like Spider Man 2. I know I keep saying that, but its true. The vision modes are innovative, the combat is average, and the weapons are... Predator! So, now you're wondering why it got a lower grade, one word... CAMERA! The camera tries to be like God of War, except they're not fixed. The camera swings around when you try to make a jump sometimes and though it wont kill you, its still a major annoyance. The rest is not too bad, you can do anything predator can do(without physical injury).

Fun 9/10
I love to play this game. I can forgive the horrific camera and just rip peoples spines out all day. Not to mention the fact that you can skin people alive. One of my favorites is the smart disc. It gives you a sense of pride cutting three people in half at once. Thats just me though, and this is just my opinion.

Rent or Buy
Thats a good question. I would suggest renting first. Only because its not for most people. I might buy it at a later date, but I still think $40 is still too much for this game.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 05/09/05