Review by Meteor5160

"Whoa... this blew me away"

---Intro
I never played a Battlefield game, but as soon as I saw the previews for this game, I instantly decided that it was time. As I waited and waited for BF2: MC, I slowly became skeptical. Should I still buy it? There were three games I wanted, including Battlefield 2, and I sure didn't want to waste my $50.
As you can tell, I bought BF2: MC, and I couldn't be happier.

---Graphics
For the amount of things happening in this game, everything looks wonderful. The environments are a bit bland, but who cares? Everything else looks nice, especially the weapons and explosions. On certain weapons, you can clearly see the RIS rails that are used to mount scopes, flashlights, etc. Very cool. Very realistic as well.

---Sound
I play airsoft, which is like a more realistic form of paintball. I know what it's like to be shot at with high powered guns, to have the whizzing of projectiles past your head. BF2: MC simulates this quite well. I have no beef with the sound whatsoever. As for the music, well... I;m just to caught up in the game to notice it.

---Gameplay
Alright... a game can look beautiful, have a powerful musical score, but when it;s all boiled down, a game is only good if it's gameplay is amazing.
Although Battlefield isn't really original, it still is stunning. It takes just the right amount of hits to kill someone with an assault rifle... it's survivable if you're ambushed, but extremely fair. The best way I can explain it, is in comparison to Halo 2. In Halo, it;ll take A LOT of ammo with most guns to bring down an opponent, and sometimes, your opponent stands very little chance. For example, you have a Battle Rifle and they have an SMG. However, in Battlefield, everything seems more fair.

What's more, vehicles are awesome. They're a bit hard to control at first, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes a second nature.

As for the classes, there are five. Special Ops, Support, Assault, Sniper, and Engineer. Each have their own pros and cons, and each are useful in their own way and in certain situations.

As for controls, they're pretty crappy in terms of configuration. But don't let that fool you, the game still rocks.
As for Xbox Live, I haven't tested this, but if it's anything like single player, trust me, it'll be awesome.

The one thing that does bother me, is that there's no rifle-butt attack.

---Replay Value
With very fun single player, and what seems to be a spectacular form of multiplayer, I'm not putting this down until well after the 360 release.
Replay Value: 10/10

---Overall
Simply put: this game is stunning, and is quite possibly the best shooter I have seen on Xbox this far. Seeing as how the Xbox is coming to a close, I doubt any game will compete with this one.

---To Buy or Rent?
Buy, buy, buy! With so much replay value, and just so much kick-buttness, how could you not buy this? Commence operation buy this game! Move out, soldier!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/27/05