Review by sacred_chains

"If you like First Person Shooters then this is a solid game."

First off this is my first review for any video game that I have played. Black is a solid first person shooter but it is not perfect , but close enough for me.

Graphics:
The graphics in this game are good for a current generation game. This is not Halo 2 but the graphics are detailed. The explosions in this game are great and I always enjoy it when a massive chain reaction explosion goes off because I threw a well placed frag grenade.

Sound:
The sound in this game is top notch. The weapons in this game sound like a real weapon and they sound like what I think there real life counter parts would sound like. The constant explosions and chaos of a gunfight is great and always has me sitting on the edge of my seat. The yelling in Russian of the terrorists is great because it makes the game seem more like a real life situation.

Game Play:
The game play is what makes or breaks a game and I have to say it is really good. The controls are tight and respond well. I never felt like I was trying to control a tugboat in mashed potatoes. The aiming systems works well for te weapons and the overall gun-play is second to none. Overall there are few games to me that match this.

Story:
I don't want to ruin the plot for anyone so I will just give a general overview of the plot. It is about an operative tha is being interrogated for war crimes for a top secrete government organization called BLACK. This group of counter terrorist units have no rules when it comes to stopping the bad guys. Anyways, the main character is under question about a person who was a double agent and why the main character went crazy and disobeyed direct orders. Without ruining the plots twists and turns this story will have you pulled in and you will want to play the next level so you can uncover more about the main story and what happens to the main character.

Overall, to me this is the best current generation game for th Xbox that has been released. I really enjoyed this game. The only real complaint I have about this game is that there is no multi-player. To me though if the single player experience is not good then why buy the game? Maybe the developer will put a multi-player mode in the sequel if there is one.

Thanks for reading my review if you have any questions then please refer to one of the many very helpful FAQS that other people have written. I have read a couple and I find them a very good source of information to refer to when you need help.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/02/07