Review by therater13

"A great action packed game."

Here is what I think about the first person shooter, black for the Xbox. This is a great game if you like heavy action based shooters. In my opinion this is one of the best shooters if not the best, probably only beaten by halo 2, shooters for the regular Xbox. This game is just fun, I will get to the specifics later but this was worth the buy.

Story: The story in this game is actually pretty weak and boring. You are some macho tough guy special forces soldier being held, you tell your whole story to some other weird guy. Its honestly a pretty bad story but it is good enough. It is slightly below average.

Graphics: In my opinion the graphics in black are some of the best, if not the best on the Xbox. These graphics are next generation quality and the level of destruction in this game makes it worth playing alone. There is a lot of detail and the character models look pretty nice, I also thought the weapons sounded very good. However sometimes there is a graphical error and your weapon does not show up on screen when you change weapons and that usually causes the game to crash, which can be very annoying if you in the middle of a long mission.

Audio: The voice acting in this game is very well done, they had real actors come in and do the cut scenes and I think they did a great job on the acting and the voice acting. There is not much music but out of what there is, it is decent but not amazing. The gun shots and sounds is where this game really shines. Guns sound like real guns would and the reloading sounds are also great.

Game play: I will start off by saying there is no multi player in this game, this was not a big deal for me because I enjoyed the single player campaign. This game was great except I wish there were less solo missions, the missions where you had a man or a small squad with you were much more fun then when you were alone. The game sort of lacks replay ability though.

Buy this game if you see it, it will work on a 360 and it is worth playing. Even today with so many other new shooters out there.

Overall score: 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 04/14/08

Game Release: Black (US, 02/28/06)